Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boy Racers

Options
  • 16-02-2003 2:03am
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Could somebody tell me what the website that all the boy racers use for advertising their meetings is please. The reason that I ask is that I am from Waterford city and for the last few hours there are hundreds of them around the city and I just wanted to know how d they all commutate to each other when and where the events are on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm in Waterford and was out and about for a hour this morinng but did'nt see or hear a thing, they must be Tramore. No I hav'nt a clue how
    they're organising themselves but try googling something like Car Cruise Waterford , I did and found this -

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/cruises.php it has no details on today but you might find it useful.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

that cruise has been planned for some time. Waterford is considered (or was after last night) the capital in ireland for cruise'ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I work part time in a petrol station in Kilkenny. There was loads of the buggers passing through on their way to waterford on Saturday night. I don't think I would have been able to take much more of the big bore exhausts and knob ends blasting out sh1te dance music. Did see a couple of cool cars though, like a white BMW with a decent body kit. (and lack of crap dance music)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D Boy-Racers have crap taste in music don't they! When I was young (cue violin) it would have been Rainbow and Thin Lizzy!

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Try www.motorweb.ie

There is a forumn there and the lads will know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 speedyboy

A lads your not doing your research very well! A lot of the cars have stickers showing the sites where the cruises are arranged on their cars.

I belive waterford was one of the biggest in a long time almost 1000 cars and a few magazines covering it. Theres even some photos of our lovely boys in blue having a "moment of madness" in a squad car!

garda.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ya I heard there was a some hand brake and donut action being pulled by the boys in blue down there alright by the end of the night, I dont think they liked being shown up :).

kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

i like the whole cruise thing and all, but what really irritates me is boy racers in slow cars with crap stuck to them tryin to race me everywhere i go, why?
    because my bike has 2 exhausts and sounds like a scooter they assume they can win, why must i endure novas, fiestas, starlet turbos etc, why why, it gets irritating, at least if somethin fast would race me id be ok, but no, they never do!
    what is this desire to think their car is faster than it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

2 exhausts, sounds like a scooter, surely it can't be...

rs250.jpg

yep aprilia rs250
    2 stroke 250, so it sounds like a chainsaw on drugs!
    0-60 in 4 seconds altho it lacks a little on top end :(
    its one of the only ones in ireland so im kinda proud of it

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭ADO

Try maxed-ie.net and cruiseirl.com for latest

what really annoys me is that ppl think I wana race them, just because I'm in a modified car. 90% of the time I'm under the speed limit with some muppet in a non-modded car up my ass wanting to get by me

btw, batman, Whoever thinks they'll win you in a race (in a car) is a bit simple to be honest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Hello all :)

this is my first nite on this board....

i was reading this thread, and it reminds me of a disscussion i had with a friend of mine last week, firstly i better introduce myself.. my name is Macker, i run a Toyota Enthusiast website, we do attend all the Irish and northern irish cruises, we have members and visitors in over 88 countries worldwide, the majority of members on my site have the common sence to keep it on the track, because as you all know, if you injured or killed someone on the road, you could not live with yourself, so why act the fool on the road, when you can do it on the track where your only a danger to yourself and there are the proper safety facilitys.
    anyway back to what i was saying, we were disscussing Boy Racer's or the Title at least... i drive a Toyota with alloy wheels and a black windows, i am 25 and have been driving since i was 17, i have never been in trouble with the law, and anyone who has been in a car with me will agree i am a safe driver with respect to all other road users, BUT the minute i am seen driving my car i am considered to be a "BOY RACER"
    as mike65 said " Boy-Racers have crap taste in music don't they! When I was young (cue violin) it would have been Rainbow and Thin Lizzy!" well if this is the criteria then im saved, cos i am the drummer in a rock band and i was raised on Lizzy, Deep purple, u2, Zep, Floyd etc... and i Hate dance music (but everyone is intitled to their own opinion so im not gonna slag people for listening to dance, as i am intitled to be a "rocker")
    the thing i want to say is, if you attend a cruise you will of course find the Token Boy racers with the cap peaked up as high as it can be, but remember a lot of us that attend are genuine car enthusiasts there to share a common interest with other like minded folk. i have been at a few cruises where locals, parents in there 40's bringing the kids into the car parks where the cruises are on to have a look, on one occasion in waterford i asked a gentleman who was there with his wife and 2 toddlers probably about 10 and 12 years old, i asked the parents what they thought, they told me they thought it was great to see so many young people enjoying themselves without the aid of drink and drugs.... that comment speaks for itself, as i was talking further to them we were in aggrement that in organising something as big as this, you will always have an element that will lower the tone. but as i said "you will get that with everything..."

please just remember to keep an open mind, and that amongst all the cars there are a Good few of us that are genuine car enthusiasts trying our best to get legal cruises with public safety no.1 priority, and an event where people can get together to share interest, knowlage etc...

Take it handy everyone and Drive safe :)

Later
    Macker

i have no problem with any1, my mate has a renault 5 turbo and a daihatus charade gtti, and i love cars and bikes
    i respect people who put so much effort into makin somethin unique
    but i really hate the few who do go around actin like twats
    in the last 3 days ive had to endure a starlet turbo, a lancer gsr and a hyundai accent tryin to race me
    i buried the starlet, nearly got killed by the lancer coz i wasnt racin him and nearly got run off the road by the idiot in the accent who was racin me when i was turnin off about 50 yards ahead
    i also had the pleasure of a couple of scum in a white nove tryin to run me off the road coz i wouldnt race them, i moved out of their way, and they pulled up in the lane beside me, hen swerved across thinkin it was funny, these are the idiots i have issues with

yea i know excactly where your coming from,
    we have to put up with that as a starlet club, we kinda get tarred with the same brush. :(

Later
    Macker

(ps. im getting a starlet turbo in 2 months, but i can assure you i wouldent have the stupidity in me to try race an rs250 ;)
    you win there mate :):))

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Thing that gets me about the whole "B0y Racer" phenomenon is this .... (both myself and a guy I work with who is a car enthusiast find this amusing and agree on it)

Since we both work in tallaght, we see a lot of boy racers and why, oh WHY, if you have a sub-1 litre nissan micra would you do it up with major body kit, tinted windows, exhaust to make it sound louder, alloys

It's STILL a micra and everyone knows it. They just think "dumb f*ck" and roll their eyes.

Nothing against micras - just an example - although the 2003 micras are rancid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

It's Bol**cks, yet sh1te, it's Bollite. Do u speak Micra?

Originally posted by Fabritzo
    It's Bol**cks, yet sh1te, it's Bollite. Do u speak Micra?

hahahaha sweeet!!!

Later
    Macker

• Advertisement

Originally posted by batman_oh
    i also had the pleasure of a couple of scum in a white nove tryin to run me off the road coz i wouldnt race them, i moved out of their way, and they pulled up in the lane beside me, hen swerved across thinkin it was funny

well their just tos$ers ! They need some points on their licence to kick some sence into them, certinaly worked on me

i buried the starlet

I cant help feel some of the trouble you get is your own fault if you decide to race from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I keep the Garda Traffic Watch number in my phone book especially for idiots like those in the white nova.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Since we both work in tallaght, we see a lot of boy racers and why, oh WHY, if you have a sub-1 litre nissan micra would you do it up with major body kit, tinted windows, exhaust to make it sound louder, alloys

Ahhh, you'll have seen the infamous "Viper" then - a white Micra, with blacked-out windows, alloys, a rediculous spoiler that's more like an airplane wing than a spoiler and down the side of the car in huge blue letter's he has "Viper".

i sat beside the starlet and he started revvin the arse off it, he followed me for ages up my ass and his mate thought it was great, i did it more to get the **** away from him rather than anythin else, i couldnt be arsed racin people around dublin coz ur askin for ****, plus i couldnt be bothered anyway, might have a lights to ligths thing with somethin really fast if the chance arises but i dont go around lookin for it, especially not on a bike where the chances of death are so high!

i think its a shame because the starlet is a great car, pity that its being ruined by the large number of idiots that are buyin them, macker good luck with the car :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by super_furry
    Ahhh, you'll have seen the infamous "Viper" then - a white Micra, with blacked-out windows, alloys, a rediculous spoiler that's more like an airplane wing than a spoiler and down the side of the car in huge blue letter's he has "Viper".

There's a lad in Galway we call Micheal Knight.

He has this "pimpmobile" Nissan Bluebird (~1988). Before they became "popular", he had one of this moving red LED yokes, á la K.I.T.T. The wheels are those "alloy look" covers you get in Motorstore, polished to the last. There's a spoiler on the back, a collosal aerial (CB perhaps? "Breaker breaker, looks like we got a convoy"). La piéce de la resistance is the tiger seat covers.

The most important thing is it's not a Honda Civic, which makes him alright in our books :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ahhh yes the nissan bluebird, that guy used to live down Rockbarton and you would see him out on a saturday with the spunge and bucket cleaning the car. Thats presuming you mean the blue nissan bluebird.

Have you seen the red punto around town (nearly always down by Flood St.) yet its worth a look for the chuckle :).

kayos

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There was another hilarious one I only saw once in town. It was a 1991-ish Toyota saloon. It was painted bright yellow.

All along the sides were poorly applied (lots of *******) bits of misshaped vinyl of the various logos that were on that particular years Jordan F1 car. They had this enormous (2 feet tall or so) "spoiler" on the boot. This was made of wood. This was crooked. This was nailed together.

Naturally the windows had the ould silage wrap on them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

All those sort of losers shouldnt be allowed anywer near the roads as they obviously havent de maturity to get behind a wheel.

Ive no probs wit some1 doing up sporty cars, i like them myself. preludes, celicas ect..But all these knackers with there hyped up little starlets + novas and such **** are pushing up the insurance for ppl tha tcan actually afford real cars, but then cant afford 2 insure then due to them gob****es.

If a car is not a sports car in the first place they shouldnt be allowed modify it. If they cant afford a sports car why should they be allowed stick any pathetic bits + pieces on to a car that probably isnt even road worthy in the 1st place.

Wots de point in doin up the likes of them yokes anyway, cos any1 i know just sneers at them. And of the girls i know, some of them like real sporty cars, but just laugh at "done" up crappy yokes which these nobs will still be driving in 10 yrs time.

well, thats enough bitchin for 1 evening.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by batman_oh
    i think its a shame because the starlet is a great car, pity that its being ruined by the large number of idiots that are buyin them, macker good luck with the car :)

yep, i hear ya loud and clear batman buddy, its a shame, cos i have been looking forward to buying this car for years, and i just know the minute i buy it i'll be labled a "Boy Racer" straight away, :( but hey the ignorance of a few will not stop me from working on her :)
    i will treat her good ;)

Later
    Macker

Advertisement