Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protest against war in iraq?

Options
  • 16-02-2003 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

comments, views, opinions, i would like to here what people have to say about the march today in town(dublin)...............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i only saw the aftermath
    which was bunch of drunk and stoned people dancing around central bank.
    i hope the actual march was a little more anti-war driven...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

I think the thread you are looking for is in the politics boards,
    but if you are cashing my opinion,

1. I wish Irish people would get so roused more often about things which affect them more ... eg health service etc !

2. Would war in iraq for whatever stupid underlying reason, not rid the long suffering iraqi people of Sadam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

If I was Iraqi I would be praying for the Yanks to invade

However here is an interview with a former US marine officer who served in Vietnam and was a defence minister under Reagan, so he cannot be dimissed as an anti-US "peacenik"

http://www.military.com/NewContent?file=Webb_020403
    "I think North Korea is far more dangerous than Iraq because of several reasons," Webb said. "One is, their leader truly is nuts. Saddam Hussein is shrewd. Kim Jong Il is crazy . . . he's totally unpredictable."

My problem with the anti-war protests is that all those good people with their fine humanitarian intentions are whether they like it or not giving aid and comfort to a regime like this;

http://www.web.amnesty.org/web/ar2001.nsf/webmepcountries/IRAQ?OpenDocument

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/01/11/1041990139505.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,78126,00.html

There is a propaganda war going on now before the shooting war starts and blood thirsty tyrant Saddam is winning it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

my opinions

well i went out for a cycle to get some exercise and started to wonder why there was so much fookin traffic around patrick street, went down onto the quays and was then proceeded to get diverted all the way round the four courts.... It was at this time that i remembered about the anti war march. I then ended up getting stuck on o'connell street and i sat around on the bike for about 20 minutes watching some people who i think dont know the full scale of what could happen (not that i do), was some good stuff to watch though..

watching some of the hippies though, i think alot of these people just enjoy protesting, but alot of the time they dont know what they are protesting about (if that makes sense?). Was still a good sight thogh, just a pity i had to walk a good part of the way home due to the roads being choc-a-bloc :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

well i for one went to the march because i truly believe there shouldnt be a war waged on iraq, and i dont agree that alot of people were there just for the sake of it. it seemed to me anyway that people are becoming genuinely concerned about world affairs (well the ones that'll effect them anyway!)

but thats just my 2 cents :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Folks, it hasnt veered too much yet, but please keep the discussion related to the actual march and not the politics of the situation (as much as possible).

We have a forum for political views where other people (i.e. not me) have to read every post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

2. Would war in iraq for whatever stupid underlying reason, not rid the long suffering iraqi people of Sadam ?

The Iraqi people praise and love sadamn do they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by ironbrew
    The Iraqi people praise and love sadamn do they not?

As I would in their situation, like me I assume they want to stay attached to their testicles and other such appendages

Advertisement