Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

just wondering

• 16-02-2003 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

nice board btw...
    hope this isnt off topic for this board

anyway i was just wondering whats the story in ireland
    i was reading somewhere (cant rem where) that ireland now keeps logs of all phone/mobile/txt message/email
    for a min. of 3 YEARS?
    do they also keep internet logs for this amout of time?

why im asking this is i d/l lots of mp3z and the odd app
    here and there
    (but im not one of those who never buy any music iif i like the band i support them and buy there album)
    anyway what i mean is can i expect a knock on my door maybe 2years down the line from some anti-piracy crowd demanding money for what ive d/l ????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ganam

Hi weirdjim

The government is PLANNING on bringing in legislation later this year that will allow for retention of all communications' records for anything betweeen 3 or 5 years. That's why this Boards forum was started.

As regards downloading MP3s etc, I think you're safe enough for the time being.

Any moves by the record companies etc would be concentrated on bigger fish as was the case with Napster and Kazaa.

If you're worried about it, maybe consider using proxy servers etc.

ganam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

The EU is also bringing in a new law to stop the RIAA and the other various shower of bastards from going to your computer and sueing you, unless you are downloading and selling the stuff.

Commercial piracy will get you stomped on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 weirdjim

thanks lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by yellum
    The EU is also bringing in a new law to stop the RIAA and the other various shower of bastards from going to your computer and sueing you, unless you are downloading and selling the stuff.
    Wow.. This is a change from the normal EU online laws. Would you be able to link me about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The mobile companies (certainly Vodafone, O2 as well AFAIK) are already keeping mobile records for an extended time. I don't have a link at the mo but Wired ran a story on it a few months back. The records are separated from names after a month but both companies have stated that they can reconstruct them if they feel like it. The Data Protection Commissioner is in a bit of a tizz about it (and rightfully so).

• Advertisement
Advertisement