Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retarded Burgerking

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yes, thanks Ray- as we all know, making fun of retarded people is very big and clever.

:rolleyes:

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I won't snip this (Yet) - I feel it should be left here as an example of how ashamed Ray should feel for posting a link that takes the mickey out of less advantaged people in our society.

While there is no specific mention in the charter regarding jokes about mentally challenged people, I feel it is in very poor taste to post such things, especially when you consider that Ireland is hosting the Special Olympics this year.

Shame on you Ray

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Is there a joke there somewhere?

If your going to make fun of someone, make it funny at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Poor guy. Trying to make a living and he gets slagged. Not funny. Shame on thou. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Theres a joke hidden in this? damn its well hidden.
    /me suggests a short ban if he isnt already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Chances are you'd get a better level of service of him than some of the muppets working in our "own" BKs...

And I am not refering to non-nationals, before the pc boot is applied to my head...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its a rip off ofa BK ad in the US ,its even in tune with the music.

And not slagging retarded people :rolleyes:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by KdjaC
    And not slagging retarded people :rolleyes:

kdjac
    Why the reference to retarded in the post title then?It's out of order IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Bard
    Yes, thanks Ray- as we all know, making fun of retarded people is very big and clever.

indeed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

quote:
    Originally posted by Bard

Agreed. Thread rating 0 wasnt possible....1 will have to do!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is it not discriminatory to not make fun of retarded people when it's okay to make fun of everyone else, though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

And the word Handicaped is just nothing to you then? Put yourself in his possision. Your classed as handicaped and mayby have bad stress issues over it and some prick comes and make fun of you. Imagine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mad_Patrick

I thought it was brilliant. Why would people complain about making fun of retarded people after clicking on a thread called RETARDED burgerking. It wasn't hard to guess what it would be like. Anyway this is the humour board and I found that humourous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

This whole politically correct thing is driving me mad.

I'm off to burn some babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I just dont get it....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Well I didnt think this joke was directed at mentally handicapped people, just stupid people.... if thats any better.

Personally when I see 'retarded' I think of the term 'stupid' or 'dim-witted'

Also why is the area of the mentally handicapped such a touchy subject, I've seen a lot worse on these boards, the whole NASA thing was much worse imo.....

Well thats my 2c

Also I dont think it helps thats its not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

1. As far as I can see the guy on that site is just ugly, not a mongo.
    2. I laugh at able bodied/minded people at least 20 times more often than I do at minorities. Does that mean I discriminate?
    3. I was browsing boards.ie for the excellent technical info and advice for long before I discovered the humour board, but in the short time I have viewed the humour board it has become more sanitised than the sacred heart messenger, but many times more hypocritical. How is it okay to laugh at Michael Jackson but it is a bannable offence to make jokes about the catholic church and their institutional abuse of people in their care.
    4. A large percentage of posts that are let stand on this board elicit derisory responses, along the lines of "that was funny when I was four" and "I fail to see the funny side" but at least we are allowed decide what we find funny. And if we don't find it funny we have the freedom to poke fun at those who do.

If we (or you, the mods) are to embrace censorship let's at least be consistent about it and not just pandy to the bleeding heart liberals who protest all the live long day about such nonsense but probably go home and watch South Park at night and giggle every time the guy in the wheelchair says "TIMMY!).

There, I said it. Now I await my ban.

Originally posted by milltown
    How is it okay to laugh at Michael Jackson but it is a bannable offence to make jokes about the catholic church and their institutional abuse of people in their care.

Presumably this is because Michael Jackson's stupidity is funny, whereas priests abusing people, sexually or otherwise, is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Maybe I didn't make it very clear, but the reference to MJ was implying the sexual abuse case brought against him by the 10 year old a while back.
    I realise he was not convicted in any court of law but he did pay off the family concerned and he admits that much. The church have done the same for years only on a wider scale.

I presume then that rather than talking specifically about jokes about Michael Jackson himself, you are talking about jokes about (alleged) sexual abuse.

Personally, I don't see the appeal in such jokes and don't see why, if anything is going to be censored, they shouldn't.

The abuse by members of the church to members of their clergy is fairly irrelevant on the humour board in fairness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I really don't see the humour in that photo...the guy doesn't have downs syndrome by the looks of it....what is so funny?

Also, did anyone hear the furore over Sandra Bullock referring to herself as a "Spaz" in FHM, they got in deep sh1t over it.

It's not really a matter of offensive, to refer to something as 'spastic' or 'retarded' is just offensive in this day and age <//preach>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I did not find this funny at all... however... The word Retard has different meanings...People seem to think it means someone who is mentally Handicapped.. this is not true and I would use the word for someone who is slow or stupid.. Try dictionary.com but it actually means "To cause to move or proceed slowly; delay or impede."

In slang though.. (not actual English) the following is true:
    1.Used as a disparaging term for a mentally retarded person.
    2.A person considered to be foolish or socially inept.

So it looks like its the whole Gay thing again.. used to mean Happy as larry and now its used as a homosexual term.
    Just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

As Bio has said earlier in the thread it is not against the charter to post images, assumed or real, of mentally or physically challenged people. Similarly jokes about paedophiles, be they MJ related or Church related, are just in bad taste. But people who have been physically abused or mentally/physically challened are 'easy' targets and I find jokes relating to this offensive. Not just this image, but the percieved joke behind the image. Similarily I find the use of the term 'mongo' equally offensive. Now this is not me being PC. It's me being a bit grown up. So milltown just give it a miss and grow up. The 'joke'/image is offensive and your subsequent comments are not helping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

must be a bitch to have a conscience :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78,365 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by BioHazRd
    While there is no specific mention in the charter regarding jokes about mentally challenged people
    Ah, come on, if Ray is mentally challenged, we shouldn't insult him for it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mad_Patrick

I think people with no sense of humour who winge about jokes being offensive or in bad taste should pack their bags and just leave the humour board. They have a mighty fine jokes page on teletubbies web site, which should be suitable to all tastes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭anarchy

it's the usual PC madness all right, a load of holier-than-thou sanctimonious rubbish, especially the first 4 or 5 replies, get off your high horse! It's pathetic....

Anyway, the joke was just sh i t, not tasteless, just crap.

Jeez, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

Originally posted by -RaY-
    http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/burger.htm

there is some truth in that =]

excuse me for my french! ray=wankface!

• Advertisement
Advertisement