Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsmart/IOL Problems

Options
  • 16-02-2003 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if other people are still having the problems discussed here
    I haven't been online much for the past month or so, but the last couple of times (including today) it was off again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

yeah it's still crap. gets ok at about 2am - 4 am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

awful
    for about three months now :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Problems problems, you want to talk about problems, it takes at least 4 or 5 attempts to get logged on, then the damn thing says page cannot be displayed, disconnect then reconnect and its fine

God i hope friaco when its launched is better than this piece of crap

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

This should be moved to the humour board...

Actually, no, its just not funny anymore. Has anyone else considered forwarding their eircom bill to Esat for compensation for the time they have had to spend online with eircom due to netnotsosmart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by therecklessone
    This should be moved to the humour board...

Actually, no, its just not funny anymore. Has anyone else considered forwarding their eircom bill to Esat for compensation for the time they have had to spend online with eircom due to netnotsosmart?

I doubt there'd be any point, their terms and conditions would, no doubt, cover themselves re. outages of the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I had awful problems on netsmart like everyone else on the iol services but for the last 2 weeks now it seems to have cleared itself up now. Getting a steady dl rate of 7.6 and a ping of about 40-60 ms on most uk based game servers.

some people have said they weren't charged at all ever for netsmart, now i got a letter saying we're in arrears even though they take it on direct debit
    clowns the lot of them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

My SNL payment is deducted from my credit card automatically every month and I also got a letter stating that I was in arrears :confused:

SNL has been rubbish for the last few months since Netsmart was launched. At least on SNL it doesn't cost anything to hang up and redial.

I also wonder how ESAT will handle FRIACO when they clearly don't have enough capacity at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Yea IOL is still crappy even after being on to the phone monkeys. As said before here it's most likely a squid cache problem so if you are havin problems ya need to find access to a proxy through which you can route your we traffic (I'm in trinity so have access to theirs :) )

Dizz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by IrishDizz
    As said before here it's most likely a squid cache problem

How do you know if IOL use squid ;)
    Yeah using another proxy does seem to work grand for some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Can't be tellin ya info like that! :p

blehh ...just plain not working tonight, they also don't reply to faxes, or answer phonecalls complaining about bill errrors which everyone seems to have
    can't diss them harshly enough

Advertisement