Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos your favorite new band?

Options
  • 16-02-2003 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Whos your favorite new band ill start with mine, new rhodes. New rhodes are a Bristol based band, their touring all over the country to promote their album release in april. check them out at [url]www.newrhodes.com:[/url])

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Maybe im just being cynical but youre first post being about this new band who just happen to be touring their debut album soon.

Are you in the band and is this a shamless plug?

If not my favourate new artist is bright eyes(around for a while but I only discoverd them recently)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

Bright Eyes is pretty awesome. I think I'm picking up his latest this week. I'm also a big fan of The Music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by frood4t2
    I'm also a big fan of The Music.

Yeah, I like them too, was thinking of getting the album, anyone know what it's like?

Besides The Music; I really like the Audioslave album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Megadude

Audioslave are awful. An album full of Rock n Roll cliches for 34 year old has-beens. Terrible. Thats why they needed so much explosives in the video. Best new band is probably The Strokes. 'The Music' is alright. Some of it Rocks well, some of it falls really flat. Actually Queens of the Stone Age have an amazing new album. Although the band have been around a while.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Audioslave are awful. An album full of Rock n Roll cliches for 34 year old has-beens.
    :eek:

Has-beens?

HAS-BEENS???

OK, maybe Audioslave's stuff isn't as good as what Soundgarden or Rage were up to, but remember they were two damn good bands.

I think Audioslave rule, next time you hear Cochise on the radio or wherever, turn your stereo up full blast and you'll see why...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i gotta say that i loved the last queens of the stone age album too but i dont think you can count them as new!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by scuzzy
    :eek:

Has-beens?

HAS-BEENS???

OK, maybe Audioslave's stuff isn't as good as what Soundgarden or Rage were up to, but remember they were two damn good bands.

I think Audioslave rule, next time you hear Cochise on the radio or wherever, turn your stereo up full blast and you'll see why...

He also says "Best new band is probably The Strokes" which kind of makes anything else he says worthless.

They're not new, but I've recently started listening to Dispatch. Pretty damn good.

Originally posted by PiE
    He also says "Best new band is probably The Strokes" which kind of makes anything else he says worthless.

They're not new, but I've recently started listening to Dispatch. Pretty damn good.

They were the last 'Very talented' new band I heard. I haven't heard anything new yet that surpasses them. Audioslave are terrible. Anyone who writes music will tell you how stale their crap is. So bad. And did you read any reviews of their album. It's hilarious, they rip them to shreds and expose them as the pile of crap they really are. And aswell, 'worst name ever!' It sounds like a website name. Ha ha ha:p :p confused old men. :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I love brando.... pitty they left me!!
    but my heart is still with there music...
    the stokes have no REAL talent to speak of, they can keep a ture, i guess that's all ya need now-a-day's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Audioslave are pretty good (I like The Strokes somewhat, but a good name?!?).

The Music have to be the biggest pile of shit I have ever heard. The album sounds so badly produced it's cringeworthy.

The guitarist thinks he is John Squire and the singer is a little schweer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

I haven't heard anything new yet that surpasses them. Audioslave are terrible. Anyone who writes music will tell you how stale their crap is. So bad. And did you read any reviews of their album.

No i didnt read the reviews,i listened to it myself and liked it
    alot. i know people who write music and they think the strokes
    are just more retro stale crap but think audioslave(mostly Tom Morrelo they're talkin about tho) are amazing. i dont agree with either i think they're both eually as good and both have fillers on
    their albums which i hate but hey,sometimes the fillers fill in moods when ya over listen to albums like these. i dunno

Website name hehe true

Originally posted by Megadude
    They were the last 'Very talented' new band I heard. I haven't heard anything new yet that surpasses them.
    I've heard farts that surpass them tbh.
    Anyone who writes music will tell you how stale their crap is. So bad. And did you read any reviews of their album. It's hilarious, they rip them to shreds and expose them as the pile of crap they really are.
    I don't need anyone who writes music or writes about music to tell me what to like. Audioslave are far from amazing but they piss all over The Strokes and any of that pretentious crap.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Actually Queens of the Stone Age have an amazing new album.
    And did you read any reviews of their album.
    Best new band is probably The Strokes. 'The Music' is alright.
    That pretty much sums up your taste in music...

You like what people tell you to like:rolleyes:

HEIL HOTPRESS!!!

Originally posted by PiE
    I've heard farts that surpass them tbh.

I don't need anyone who writes music or writes about music to tell me what to like. Audioslave are far from amazing but they piss all over The Strokes and any of that pretentious crap.

Ha ha ha....what age are you? Audioslave are the pretentious ones. Those lyrics of theirs look like bad junior cert poetry. I don't listen to many new bands coz they can't match the talent and imagination of Artists from the late 60's and 70's. As I said before ACDC's 70's stuff pisses all over Audioslave or any other new crap! So does Beatles, Zeppelin, Floyd, Bowie, Stevie Wonder, Rolling Stones....etc. I could go on, but I think all is lost when Audioslave are decribed as good. I heard that album on the internet and thought it was CRAP! Then I read a review out of curiosity, and they ripped it to bits, coz it is CRAP!

I wouldn't touch Hot Press if I was a leper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

two things:

1. fatnab is indeed in new rhodes.

2. there are some stunning bands on the irish scene emerging. my current favorites are settler, stoat, deputy fuzz and mumblin deaf ro. i delighted to able to say that i've ben listening to these four bands consistently for months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 the sublimed

kirn's right - this fatnab guy has been on other boards posting the same spam about new rhodes.

mumblin deaf ro' stuff is nice enough - releasing his album this week and all, storytellin' fingerpickin style stuff. settler's album is pretty good but maybe a bit long (15 tracks?) but they were probably working on it for a long time. boxes are for me one of the most exciting new local acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I really like the thrills. Their Santa Cruise tune is brilliant. I heard a b-side on Phantom which was even better. Tom Dunne plays their forthcoming single quite a bit on petsounds. Best single ive heard in a while.
    I think they are the best band to come out of Ireland in years.

Anyone know where i can pich up a copy of the Santa Cruise EP? I tried Tower today but thay didnt have it.

The Boxes are a really good new band. So are The Chalets, Deputy Fuzz, Moo. I need a while to think of more.........em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

"then im gonna fuk you discreetely..."
    tbh Tenacious D are the win.

also i like Skindive, not that new (btw their second album should be out soon enough)

i've heard that audioslave are good, must give that album a listen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

What happened to my post?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

I like a lot Indigo Fury from Northern Ireland, Mumblin deaf ro, and Mor..*chough* :D

I don't listen to many new bands coz they can't match the talent and imagination of Artists from the late 60's and 70's

[Besides how pretentious that sounds...] So why do you listen to talentless drivel like The Strokes?

Actually, I don't even know why I'm posting this, I don't actually care.

And yea, Tenacious D are teh win :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i've heard some pretty good things about bright eyes, not sure if it constitutes as new though...

Originally posted by PiE
    [Besides how pretentious that sounds...] So why do you listen to talentless drivel like The Strokes?

Actually, I don't even know why I'm posting this, I don't actually care.

And yea, Tenacious D are teh win :]

Explain exactly why you think my comment was pretentious? The Strokes are fun. A bit too retro. Not too deep, but thats not what they're about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My fave new band is probably The Strokes... They have been around for a while but I have only discovered their briliant album (Is This It) recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

The Strokes are fun. A bit too retro. Not too deep, but thats not what they're about.

I couldn't say it better. It's understandable why the Strokes wouldn't be everyone's style. I think they're great, but I fear a huge backlash upon the arrival of a second Strokes album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Simian are pretty funky... though they're on their second album now (first was out in 2001), still doubt many ppl have heard of them though.

Been listening to Interpols "Turn On The Bright Lights" a lot recently as well.. anyone who likes And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead and that sorta stuff should be well happy.. they're a pretty newish band as well, only started gigging in 2000 or so, anyway that albums worth a listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Is this a trick question to which the answer is 'The Hives'?

Interpol are my fav new band followed by Ladytron, Melys, Joy Zipper and Crimea.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I picked up Interpols "Turn On The Bright Lights" today in Virgin Henry St for E9.99. Im well impressed. It appeared on a few end of year top 10 lists last year. What a bargain:D

Found out that the thrills 'santa cruz' EP is now a collectors item and that theres no chance ill get a copy.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

the 66 electric

brilliant band

www.the66electric.com

also enjoying tadhg cookes first ep

Advertisement