Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP Coding Project

Options
  • 16-02-2003 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi, looking for someone who can code in php. With a wide range of skills. Please reply if you would like to start a fun project.

Details e-mailed.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 skorpz-oom

It'll be an On-line game which runs a data base of players. I'm curently working on the design and game play.

Its a fun project and a break from the typical day to day php coding.

If you intrested let me know. For an idea of what i mean visit

www.gang-wars.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

"fun project" == "no pay"?

Hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 skorpz-oom

Sorry Corinthian,

I'm still suck in the old days where you coded for a laugh.

Nope no pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by skorpz-oom
    I'm still suck in the old days where you coded for a laugh.
    Coding ‘for fun’ is a good and noble pursuit, however, if one is going to code for free, one should consider what they are building.

For example (and I’ve seen this happen), what if your on-line game gets built, becomes very popular and Sony or their ilk contact you one day and say; “we want your game, here’s one hundred grand”. You could happily sell it and screw the community that built it (of course they might just sue you for a share of the booty though).

I’ve no objection with open source and hobby coding projects (I’ve done numerous, even here), but I do when I don’t know where everyone stands or where someone is trying to set up a de facto private enterprise on the backs of other people’s altruism.

And if you’re saying ‘you can code for fun but I retain IP’ then we both know where you can go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

<- interested

• Advertisement
Advertisement