Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Senor, My Friend...

Options
  • 16-02-2003 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

I am launching my debut album 'Senor, My Friend...' this Friday night, 21 February, at the Lower Deck in Portobello. It costs €7 to get in and everyone gets a copy of the album.

If you'd like to inform yourself before deciding whether to go, check out www.villainrecords.com or drop in to the listening post at Tower Records on wicklow street.

The night will also feature a specially commissioned acoustic performance from Holy Ghost Fathers and a solo set from the bacharach/brian wilson hot fandango, Michael Knight.

It'd be deadly to get a good crowd in to help get the thing off the ground so I hope some of you can make it.

Cordially Yours,

Mumblin' Deaf Ro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

" Look behind you Radioactive Man!"

"Up and At Them!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i'd love to go along but i'll be a workin

the album is great... i really love the song 'it never even entered my mind' really beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Just played a track and spread the word over the airwaves in north dublin so you can warn the doormen to expect hordes of nortsoyde knackers on Friday! We're a terrible lot.... I'll definitely try to get there. Good luck with it either way. Looking forward to having you address said knackers yourself in a few weeks!

Roxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

the album is great, and this gig will be great.

the singers voice is very like nick drake...

ooh now, there's something.

• Advertisement

where? (looks behind)

nick drake had to look behind him to see his audience. Imagine playing with your back to the audience! Jeez that guy was shy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Querido Ro,
    Did you get the whole band thing happening? Sorry i could't make the gig the other night in Voodoo.

Did you recruit that weirdo from Delorentos as your drummer?

I'm sure it'll be a blast.

I'll be there if it is at all humanly possible.

Hasta la proxima,

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

hey! i have feelings too y'know...

somewhere...

good luck ro!

No, I was talking about Kirn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

how do u get there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

I nicked this from www.ballroomofromance.com, it's the same venue as the BOR gigs:

The Lower Deck is located behind Portobello College. That's at the bridge over the Grand Canal going over to Rathmines. It's up from the Bleeding Horse pub, and across the road from the Portobello pub. In case you can't find it, you could always try IOL.ie's mapping system.

Here's a picture:

lowerdeck.jpg

Should be a rockin' night!

Can anyone tell me what time it all kicks off?

I know gigs are always completely unforcastable... but if you've any idea of what time you're going on at... could you let me know?

I'm making an effort to get in there but tonight is ridiculously overcrowded with stuff happening.

Keith

i recommend the mumblin deaf ro, with a salad.

but the steaks nice too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭Holyghost

Doors 9pm
    Michael Knight 9.30
    HGF 10.15
    MDR 11

... I think!
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Thanks a mill to everyone who came out last night. I had an absolute ball and am delighted to have the album out and about. Special thanks to Holy Ghost Fathers and Michael Knight for two cracking sets.

Advertisement