Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NATO agrees to defend Turkey without France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

I was wondering why none of the other major news services mentiond the 2 other points that caused the fudge like the fact it was not just turkey that they wanted to defend, it was also a request to use non-us nato personel to guard us bases around europe while the regulars stationed there went off to blow up hospitals and mosques in iraq and pulling all us nato forces from peace keeping duties in the balkans so they could also get medals for as graham norton pointed out this week manning the deep fat friers in burger king.

i only seen those points discussed on rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by DiscoStu

i only seen those points discussed on rte.

I gotta say, both RTE and TV3 have been excellent so far on their coverage. Worth the licence fee alone (for RTE), and Agenda is atarting to become essential viewing in my book.

The Times has been pretty good as well.

Why is it that we are one of the only countries in the west with something that approaches an independant, truthful media? Is it because we are inherently distrustful of government in general, and so ask the questions few others would?

Contrast ITN with every media outlet in Ireland. They're like a modern version of TASS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

ITNs serious political output is all on Channel 4,just like the BBCs is all on Newsnight,an inevitable consequence of the Mainstream dumbing down of newsoutput so people dont flick the channel between light entertainment shows.

Advertisement