Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube A$$ Kickers !

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

As far as I can remember, the cartridge capacitys were measured in bits - 512Mb == 64MB, which is 10 times smaller than a standard CD.

I'll be buying a Gamecube if I buy any console - Ninty have never dissappointed with regard to their games.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Here is some more footage of what the Gamecube can do !! I think its smaller then the other links I threw up? It is worth having a look at this though !!

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Yo Mamma (edited 03-09-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Hahhaha , 512mb , hahhahaha and to think you thought this was bytes rather than bits.
    The neo geo used 300 - 800 mega"byte" cartridges, and they were the size of a football. If (and understand this wasnt the case) there were capable of that, then they chose the most ugly non textured pieces of **** to design

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CriminallyInsane:
    OHMYGOD- do you even know what you're talking about.

</font>

Yes. Yes he does.

-Dark-Angel-

P.S: The only thing those main nentendo titles had was playability for hours, which is a good thing... But other then that...

P.P.S: Zelda N64 was a disgrace to the original Zelda's I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I cant see it as a disgrace considering it won the "best game of all time" award tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

bugs, don't be ignorant.

The neo-geo cart capacities were likewise measured in 'bits'. With some games being up to 512Mbit in size, have a look at neo-geo ROM sites on the 'net if you're interested.

I don't think you guys realise how much a solid-state 512 MegaBYTE ROM chip would have cost to manufacture back in the mid-ninties.

Teeth.

[This message has been edited by Dr_Teeth (edited 03-09-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dark-Angel:

P.P.S: Zelda N64 was a disgrace to the original Zelda's I must say.</font>

True but admit it, it was still gr8 fun smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CriminallyInsane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan:
    Yes, I think you have. You've made it quite clear that you are a blinkered idiot and a Sony fanboy. Well done.

</font>

Ahem. List of consoles owned by myself:

Sega MasterSystem(Formerly)
    Sega Megadrive
    Sega Dreamcast
    Nintendo GameBoy
    Super Nintendo
    Nintendo 64
    Sony PlayStation

I think I know what I'm talking about, owning all three generations of consoles simultaneously. If you read the list, you'll notice that I only have ONE Sony console. I'm basing my posts on experience, not on magazine reviews, technical specs and word of mouth.

How Do You Prove You Exist? What If We Don't Exist? - Vivi Ornitier, Final Fantasy IX

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

List of consoles owned by myself:

ColecoVision
    Sega MasterSystem
    Sega Megadrive
    Sega Saturn
    Sega Dreamcast
    Nintendo Gameboy
    Nintendo Gameboy Advance
    Super Nintendo
    Nintendo 64
    Sony PlayStation

So, by similar proof, I own 4 different generations of consoles and so my opinion is more valid than yours? Rubbish.

You are not basing your posts on experience. Have you played the GameCube? Have you even taken an interest in it? Kept up to date on news on it? You obviously haven't - your posts are riddled with false infortmation and idiotic views (examples include incorrect release dates, classing the Link Cable as 'moronic'...)

And surely, having owned the SNES, you'd feel a tinge of excitement toward the likes of Zelda, Metroid, Mario and Starfox? Surely you'd have noticed that Nintendo is home to some of the greatest franchises and produces some of the most perfectly realised games.

Rich dans les Dublin a Douze, c'est les poof de la grande. Magnifique.

Maiow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Has any1 been readong the computer magazines l8ly,the reviewrs are way more excited about gamecube than x box r ps2!!!the x box has no original games,its a pc console basically,cept its the size of a video recorder!at e3 gamecube won sum10 like 7 awards,x-box got 2 while ps2 and pc got none!!!!(i may be wrong,if so sorry!)

"A Master vampire that can walk in day light.....unstopable...unless we stop him!" from John Carpenters Vampires

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

None of you have played a gamecube!!!!There is no need to argue over something you essentialy know nothing about apart from knowledge of what the games will be called. How much hype did black and white receive or metal gear solid great games but mgs was so short and easy and after prolonged play b&w becomes quite boring. Gamecube will be good ive seen metroid working and zelda but the only way to know is get a ps2 x-box and gamecube they will all be good and of course have bad games aswell.

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Orangerooster it the nail on the head right there.The Gamecube does 'seem' to be very anticipated but that doesnt say that much.Dont get me wrong,I love Ninty and will definately buy 1,but lets just wait and see what happens instead of this premature bashing of it.And Square have been heard to be 'excited' by Gamecube.

P.S.Criminally insane you must admit that the tilt and tumble idea is pretty damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CriminallyInsane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan:
    List of consoles owned by myself:

And surely, having owned the SNES, you'd feel a tinge of excitement toward the likes of Zelda, Metroid, Mario and Starfox? Surely you'd have noticed that Nintendo is home to some of the greatest franchises and produces some of the most perfectly realised games.

</font>

OK, Alright, I'll admit it. The Snes was great and the games you mentioned are all brill. I'm realy looking forward to the next Starfox game. I probably will buy a GameCube if it's not too expensive (and I've heard thet the launch price is quite reasonable). But I do still think that Nintendo could stand to make a few more realistic games like Perfect Dark and such.

How Do You Prove You Exist? What If We Don't Exist? - Vivi Ornitier, Final Fantasy IX

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

They have to be careful with that route though - I'd hate to see the GameCube full of generic shooters and action games. Nintendo should do what they do best: make great, revolutionary, different games. Leave the done-to-death games to other formats.

Rich dans les Dublin a Douze, c'est les poof de la grande. Magnifique.

Maiow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

None of you have played a gamecube!!!!

I have :)

The control pad rules beyond all belief - really shows up every other next-gen pad. The Xbox and DC pads were both pretty poor, the Dual Shock 2 is dated and still has a lot of issues in long-term play, but the GameCube pad is near perfection even for complex games like Rogue Leader.

The graphics are stunning in every game I've seen to date.

What is more impressive though is the innovation shown in the launch titles. Sure, some of it has been done before - Wave Race is utterly fantastic but there isn't much new there, Super Smash Brothers Melee is great fun but it's been seen before on the N64.... But then you get the likes of Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, Starfox Adventures and of course Rogue Leader (it may just be a flying game, but in the build I played last week you could control your ground troops in the battle of Hoth by flying over their heads and pressing a direction on the D-Pad to select an order)....

I've been accused of being a Nintendo fanboy on this board before. Well, I am - but I wasn't a year ago. While I have a fair bit of respect for the N64 (I hate it when uninformed idiots accuse it of being a "failure" - this is the console that invented the 3D platformer, gave new life to the console FPS and made a huge amount of money for Ninty...) it certainly wasn't a favourite console, and indeed I'd rate it below both the PSX and the Saturn in terms of my favourite 32 bit consoles.

What's converted me is the fact that right now, Nintendo have it right. They're focusing on making amazingly playable, fun games when everyone else is trying to build home entertainment systems and convergence devices. The Game Boy Advance has given me more hours of fun already than the PS2 has, and one look at the release schedules shows me that this is going to continue. The GameCube has a launch line up of titles that I'm genuinely excited about and want to play; I can't exactly say the same for the PS2 line-up at launch, or even now.

So if anything, I'm a born-again Nintendo fanboy. I don't align myself with any one manufacturer or publisher... If a company entertains me, I like them. Right now, Nintendo are promising just that.

Advertisement