Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much do you drink before you go out?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I probably sound like the shyest person in the world (or maybe I am) but I can't get up and dance unless I'm at least half drunk. I've tried to dance a few times sober and its just not possible. I find myself standing with my feet on the ground doing the boxing moves with my hands and its not in the least enjoyable. I actually think I'm the only single guy and one of the few non-smokers out of about 6 that go out so that can really be a pain.

For that reason I'd have to have at least 6 cans before I go out, another few pints before I'm actually up on the dance floor. If I had the money I'd hit the pub first but I don't.

there are... other drugs you might want to consider? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Miss Mann

I like a glass of Toilet Duck before I hit the tiles, literally.

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Can none of you be interesting enough to have fun while sober?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

clearly not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've given up drinking altogether.
    About 2 months ago, I came to the conclusion that I must be allergic to the stuff, because more than about 3 drinks makes me sick until my stomach is completely empty.
    But caffeine on the other hand...*bounces*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Normally a bottle of bucky sorts me out for the long night ahead.

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sarky wrote:
    Your far from adverse to a Weisbier yourself Sarky ;)

I tend to drink in a mate's flat most of the time. Get a gang of us together there, throw on some CD's, have a bit of craic and tbh I enjoy that to most bars in Dublin purely because I can hear my friends when we're talking without having to roar at each over over some spotty teenager who thinks he's Fatboy Slim...

Tend to have about a sixpack and then head for a club around 12ish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I would usually drink a half bottle of gin with mixers before I would go out.

Recently though, I have started to drink a little more than that at home (with the intentions of going out) , with the result that I end up getting too cosey at home and just end up staying in. Its just nicer to sit in sometimes. You can sit in your pyjamas, wrapped in a duvet, watching dvds, eating take out chinese and getting drunk of a Saturday night.

Staying in - its the new going out.

(w00t - 1,000th post!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yes, well isn't that the big thing in Ireland now, with the price of drink, smoking ban etc etc, more people are having parties at their houses or, as you said, just staying home.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I drink a six pack of Tuborg before I go out-so so much cheaper than paying for pints and stuff out etc-seven euro for six cans which is a great night out.I have about 4 pints out and then hit spirits etc.Always makes for a great night out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I went for 2/3 cans as my average amount of drinks before i head out, but normally its just enough to get me merry so can range from a few shots of vodka to half a bottle of wine. Nothing too mad.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I never really drink before heading out, principally because I don't like getting tanked up on own (my flatmate being nearly akin to a teetoller). It doesn't take too much to get me going anyway. Having said that, loads of euro did a magic vanishing trick after Friday night so it's possibly worth reconsidering. Or not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's always a pain when money "Disappears" while out drinking.

john

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I never used to drink at home at all, or drink before I went out. I now have quite an assortment to pick from for before going out drinking. It's cheaper to have a few at home and be 'happy' out and only have to spend money on 1 or 2 while you are out (which equals to what I'd spend on a 6 pack at home)

I'd actually much rather party at home with friends, we always have way more fun when we order pizza, get the cards out and everyone brings thier own drink. It's much more comfortable and easier on the wallet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I rarely drink before going out and I don't drink that much when I am out anymore. Life's too short to spend many days suffering with hangovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Man, I don't even remember posting this thread. Now I'm worried.

Everyone is aware that somehow a 20-month-old thread was dragged up without as much as a blunked (past participle of blinked) eyelid?

*shakes head*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Sarky wrote:

As the good man Mr Churchill once pointed out:

Its not to make us more interesting, its to make you more interesting. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

seamus wrote:
    Man, I don't even remember posting this thread. Now I'm worried.

Everyone is aware that somehow a 20-month-old thread was dragged up without as much as a blunked (past participle of blinked) eyelid?

*shakes head*

Gah! Not again!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

here ya go Seamus, for the one who found it:

oldposts.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I don't much drink in pubs at present (17, no income, 6th year)
    but i'd imagine once i hit college i'll have 3/4 cans before heading out for a long night. the appeal of a night out is the atmosphere, the company and the slight intoxication. The actual state of "drinking" in the pub is just a formality...

while away in France over the summer i shared an apartment with 5 guys and all (bar the non-alcoholics) had plenty to drink before leaving for the pub. my preffered was a bottle of wine but that wasn't on the poll :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, luckily i am no longer a pauper student, so i dont need to go drink before i go out.
    nor do i infact go out to get locked anymoe, simply because i no longer need to get up the ol dutch courage try chat anyone up.

which is nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Usually have about 2 cans before I leave otherwise my bladder would never survive the bus journey into town icon_pidu.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

simu wrote:
    I rarely drink before going out and I don't drink that much when I am out anymore. Life's too short to spend many days suffering with hangovers.

I was starting to worry that the entire population of boards.ie were secret alcos until this post... I'll admit that I do go out and get smashed about once a month, and I have done it twice this month already, but generally the best nights out don't begin with a few cans at the house...

Advertisement