Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.taxback.com query

Options
  • 17-02-2003 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

http://www.taxback.com/

anyone used these guy's before ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I got tax back from them last yeare and the previous year. They were a bit dicey reilly this year. I paid nearly $400 in tax in the states last summer so when i got back i applied to taxback.com, sent in my last wage slip, passport copy, visa copy, and they replied saying that my request was being dealt with and to expect a reply within 2-3 weeks. 2 weeks later i got a reply saying that they were not going to pursue my claim any further as the sum was too low. I was quite annoyed with this they claimed $300 for me the previous year (under the name ESS). So i sent them an email explaining this and 5 weeks later i received a cheque for $250 in the post.

A friend of mine has had a similar experience although he hasnt received any tax back yet. After he sent in his details, copy of passport etc, they emailed him saying that the sum was too low and that they wouldnt be pursueing the claim any further. 3 days later, he got a phone call from someone claiming to work for taxback.com. She asked him was he going to pursue the claim himself? She didnt give an explanation as to why she wanted to know this.

Dodgy or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

dodgy indeed... thanks for the Info !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I wouldn't go through any third party tax back agency, purely because they charge quite a lot in commision!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by pugwall
    I paid nearly $400 in tax in the states last summer ..... So i sent them an email explaining this and 5 weeks later i received a cheque for $250 in the post.
    €150 for one return? A friend charged me IR£200 for doing 6 returns and was delighted with the money.

Advertisement