Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN mod - Pool of Radiance

Options
  • 17-02-2003 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Its supposedly a remake of the original POR on the C64.. never played it and i absolutly hated the latest incarnation so much i brought it back (in 2001), claiming my nephew had it already and i got Project Eden instead..

Anyway i dont know much about Pool of Radiance but this mod is fantastic!! Dont know if its just single player or not.. probably fine for multiplayer. It would be great for MP for some of these reasons.

Firstly XP.. LOTS AND LOTS of quests in this one mod and sub quests.. I started a new character, a Halflig Rogue... After Level 7 i switched to fighter. By the time i finished this one module he was 10 or 11.. i only finished last night!! Great stuff.

Secondly.. some great Roleplaying involved.

Thirdly... money... After starting out broke i ended up with a crap load of money and loot... I discovered that the merchants have different prices... some rip me off completely before i relised i was getting shafted.. Never went back there... There is a smith, a Jewler, a magic shop and some general stores in New Phlan as well as some hidden eh.. dodgy characters!! Anyway I found that the Magic shop does not pay as much for magic items and the jewler not as much for Jewlery as say for instance the General store.. The Smith was pretty solid but i think overall the General stores had the best value... UNTIL i stumbled across an outpost out of town thats sort of isolated... anyway they pay huge ammounts of money for stuff.. because they are cut off from trade routes!! For isntance i killed a load of Lizard like creatures (not lizardmen) and took their Golden Idol.. in town it was worth 2500 gold but no one would buy it.. but in the outpost it was worth 6000gold and they gladly took it!!! I went their to sell my loot from then on but by then i was nearly finished the module..

Oh the last part.. i have to go through a HUGE maze in order to get to the bad guy.. finally get to him and he is a fake.. have to go through the whole maze again looking for the other entrance to the real bad guy!!

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1029451791444.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

saruman, if you are going ot give away something in a module (your part about the maze) how about a spoiler warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Ah Sorry... :D

Should have at least done a **SPOILER**

I cant do it the other way.. does not work in opera without Java (work PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

great, im going to give it a go.

i used to have the C64 game and ive fond memories of it.

if i recall correctly in the c64 game there was a bug where u could save a character and then load him back into ur party even if you already had that chacter in the party. i remember playing part of the game with 6 of the same 9th level fighther with a +4 or +5 sword and -3 Full plate amour 18(100) strenght. they were invincible!

i cant say anything about the spoiler, ive already played the game!

Let us know then when you play it if its faithful to the original.. oh the only thing that wont be is only 1 henchman though im sure if you can play it MP you will have a nice party to play with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

We had this on the server ages ago, wasnt that impressed with it then, has itr been updated recently ?

• Advertisement

Yeah i think so.. i thought it was very good and there was lots to do in it. I dont think its the best mod i have played but it ranks up there.

Advertisement