Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Entertainment System

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Thanks a lot for the info Calibos it was nice to hear from someone who owns the projector,

One question what is the screen ie. what size, type and where did you get it?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Cant sleep either huh?:D :D

Its a an 80x45in Da-Lite Model B and I got it through the same guys I got the PJ from. Meritec in Blackrock Co. Dublin.
    If you are having the PJ in a dedicated room you should think about a DIY fixed screen(ie sheet of MDF cut to measure painted Dulux Ice Storm 5&6) This light grey matt paint is supposed to increase contrast and reduce screendoor/chicken wire effect. Anyway you should do a search at http://www.avforums.com for screens and DIY. Plenty of info over there and its much busier there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

irish1 I'm not saying not to go for the Elac speakers but I'm a big mission fan.

As you say the Mission FS2AV might not carry the power you are looking for but the Mission M72 Cinema Pack has a powerfull punch - read here.
    I have the Mission cinema 9 pack (older version of the M74 cinema pack). I have to say it is superb. One huge advantage of the mission speakers is the rear speakers (M7DS) are bipole speakers which means the sound is "fired" in 2 directions. This means the speakers do not have to be placed at the conventional back of the room in the corner... (although I think the Eltac rears are bipole as well).

You should also check out the KEF KHT2005 which were Whathifi's cinema speaker product of the year last year. You can read/see them
    here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Just got this months What HiFi and there is a feature on progressive scan including a list of compatible dvd players and projectors.

Advertisement