Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlon XP 2100+ heat

• 17-02-2003 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Athlon XP 2100+ heat tolerence...what is the recomended safe
    temp for the Xp 2100+?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I think its between 80 - 90 is there max before they go up in smoke but if you have it in the 60's you would be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Does the same hold true for the XP2000? AFAIK mine is not a t/bred.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I remember reading a topic here within the last 2/3 weeks saying that amd xp2100+ was amds worst made chip for heat resistance.. mine is at 39c now and the system is 29c
    Its been on for 4 days, and before that was on for about 4 weeks straight just had to reboot there 4 days ago.
    Its been at 100% cpu load for the past 2 days
    I've got 2 80mm fans, on on side exhaust and one at the back for suction , and one on the cpu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Have a look at Toms Hardware CPU Guide for a listing of heat tolerances n stuff :)

It's 85-90 degrees for Athlon XP's.

Advertisement