Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 nics in win2k server

Options
  • 17-02-2003 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

I posted a question about this a while back with no luck...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68015

I've now installed win2k server since it has routing and some other cool stuff I can mess around with on the machine with 2 network cards.

wired = 192.168.0.x
    wireless = 10.0.0.x

I can't make head nor tail of how to set up routing betwoon machines on the wired side and the wireless, it's freaking me out. any help would be much appreciated. Ta.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

I remember doing this on the win2k server when I was learning about it. When I was learning I made notes so as to help me in my working life if I ever needed them. So far I've had no use for it, but I'll post it for you anyway:
    To setup a Router on a windows 2000 server machine, goto "Routing and Remote Access". Make sure there is 2 network cards connected to 2 different subnets in the machine you want to make a router.

Then, goto "Routing and Remote Access" and select the local computer 'win2k-dell', then 'IP Routing', then 'Static Routes'.

Right click white space, and select 'New Static Route'.

Interface: Select the subnet that you want a router to work on (100MB Lan)

Destination: Put the other subnet in this box(EG) 10.0.0.0 (NOTE THE 0 AT THE END, THE SUBNET.... DO NOT SELECT A SINGLE COMPUTER)

Network mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: Put the Router's IP here for the subnet you selected earlier in 'Interface'.

When my company deals with servers with 2 nics with 2 different subnets we usually use the 'route add' command. It works a treat when we're trying to sort routing of tcp/ip over a few networks connected via wan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

see this Thread with piccies and all.

Advertisement