Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I overclock an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ cpu??

• 17-02-2003 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

How do I overclock an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ cpu??
    please note I have an all Copper Coolermaster CPU intended for such things

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

What motherboard do you have and also is it a Thoroghbred A or B ?
    If your motherboard supports it you can just up your fsb until it becomes unstable then increase your vcore by about .05 and continue till it beomes unstable . You can keep doing this but you have to watch your temperatures . Also i wouldn't go much over 1.75 volts on air .
    If you have a Thoroughbred B and an nForce board you can also change the multipliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DAFUB

PC Kit Chieftec, MSI KT3, AMD XP2100
    120GB HDD, 512MB RAM, DVD, GF4 Ti4800SE

AMD Athlon XP2100+ 1.733 GHz 266 MHz bus Socket A (Palomino) prosessor
    MSI AGP GeForce4 Ti4800SE 128MB DDR, TV-Out, Retail
    Chieftec Dragon Medium Tower Case Black
    DDR-DIMM PC2700 512MB DDR CL2.5 Minne 184-P (for DDR-PC333MHz)
    Cooler Master HHC-L6I cpu fan for AMD Athlon XP up to 2200
    and higher
    Seagate Barracuda V 120GB IDE 7200RPM ATA/100, Hard Drive 2MB cache ST3120023A
    LG DVD-spiller IDE 16x/48x (DRD-8160B)
    Mitsumi Floppy Drive Black 1,44 MB Internal Floppy Drive
    MSI KT3 ULTRA2-R Mainboard with sound VIAKT333, ATA/133,Raid, ATX, USB2.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Originally posted by BabyEater
    What motherboard do you have and also is it a Thoroghbred A or B ?
    If your motherboard supports it you can just up your fsb until it becomes unstable then increase your vcore by about .05 and continue till it beomes unstable . You can keep doing this but you have to watch your temperatures . Also i wouldn't go much over 1.75 volts on air .
    If you have a Thoroughbred B and an nForce board you can also change the multipliers.

I've got an Nforce2 and an Athlon XP 2400+ and it soooo doesn't like me fiddling with multipliers, even with an updated BIOS that's supposed to unlock the CPU.

Looks like it's time to get out the conductive paint ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ignore the multipliers, what you are modifying is the front side bus. Be bloody careful, the amount of heat that processor generates is a bit scarey. (Also you void any warranties on your hw).......

Advertisement