Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space above and Beyond

Options
  • 17-02-2003 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi anybody ever see spave above and beyond? i thought that show kicked ass! any body know where i could get a copy of the show? either of the net or from a web site? id appreciate any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I liked it aswell. Only had 1 or 2 seasons didn't it. Can't help with getting movies, but theres a few fan sites on the web. Some of them seem to have started petitions to get the whole thing released on DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

sweet id love to buy that not sure why they cancelled it they could easely of kept it going, maybe not easely, it was fairly big budget lots of good effects and site locations not crapp like enterprise all made in some film studio, dont get me wrong but the sets on star trek can look really crap even on the latest 3series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Few minutes googling revealed this site. http://web-worthy.com/saab/ Some interesting info especially the home made /fan made DVD and VCD's. The girl (Kristen Cloke as Shane Vansen) out of it was stunning.

sweet thanks man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

yeah they are but if i record of there ill get all the ****e ads adn ill be starting in the midle of the series and ill be pissed off with an incomplete set id rather haev none know what i mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

i always thought they had a full 2 sesions. in the end they killed off some of the main people in it. Thought it was good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

That was a cracking series, shame they axed it, would be well worth a DVD set, IMHO t'would sell like warm buns..

the link at the top of the page shows a sight that seels a dvd set i might get it but im always a bit nervous buyinf from small sites i much prefer to buy from big sites with a good rep, but then again it is a good series!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

first feature length episode was cool with the drill sergeant from full metal jacket, i could nearly swear that was in forbidden planet or hmv years ago on vhs when it released for the first time

• Advertisement

Really, i might go into forbiden planet and ask if theu know were i could get a copy of it its a long shot but you never know, yeah loved the guy from full metal jacket, love that guy, have you noticed how pwople only know like 3lines from the hole film? and its always, anyone who runs is a vc, anyone that stands still is a well disciplined vv. then i bet you could suck a golf ball through a hose and the great bit about this is my rifle this is my...

or something like

where you from boy?

sir texas sir

only steers and queers come from texas boy and you don't look like a steer so that kinda narrows it down doesn't it

but seriously you could try forbidden planet but i don't have any faith in there ordering system, might have better look in hmv maybe its on there system?

haha yeah thats true and this is my rifle without my rifle i am nothing without me my rifle is nothing, dont know bout hmv they suck at ordering

virgin?

yeah ill give then ago! they can be cool, what about tower? do they do videos never really go in there. lets not forget though the great lines from waynes world 2that film rocked

http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/527/1517

this forum from the scifi channel or something seems to indicate that it ain't available check it out in more detail though

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=space+above+and+beyond&cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&ht=1&from=R10&currdisp=2&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&BasicSearch=

this more uptodate page on ebay says that it doesn't look like SAAB will ever see the light of day on dvd (it must have been vhs i saw it on) but is available for auction on vcd however don't know if they will ship here.

yeah i tried kazza to get them with some succes but takes ****ing ages and their in .avi and the two i got the film seemd to sorta "skip". but i shall percevere ill let ya know how i get on if you want

yeah tower records do some videos and stuff, not sure what there ordering system is like though

saw the last episode again at the weekend on the sci-fi chnnel real good ending, but it wasnt really an ending i think they meant to come back with another series but just didnt for some reason! i also think the series has started again on the scifi channel! man i hope they bring that show back somehow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

afaik,

all the budget for space above and beyond was taken away so that titanic could be made :(

Youre kidding that sucks! taking away a great show for that sh*t film! man that sucks could they nor of used the profits from titanic to continue the series! ah well probably not that would of cut into some guys profits no doubt? any idea which company made the series might send an email asking bout a posible relaunch of the series! probably a wasted effort but you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Have all but two of the episodes on divx :|

It's difficult to get them all ;) Not as difficult as collecting all of star trek (about half way there) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

i loved it.. they had some really really good shows.. i remember watching it on sky one when it was on there first.

it was put together some of the ppl from x files so they sometimes had a similar feel direction wise.

as far as i remember the final episode of the first season didnt end in such a way that there could have been a second season.. (dont want to say too much incase ppl havent seen it)... the makers (wong and morgan i think) heard that they show was to be cancelled.. hence the plot of the final episode...

i remember one episode in particular, there was only about 5 lines of dialogue in the entire show. and that was put in under protest by the makers (they wanted to make a silent episode)..

but the show did have its flaws.. a little bit cliched everynow and then (not a first for a sci-fi tv show though) and it did involve the same 4 or 5 cast being virtually the only pilots in the space corp and then virtually the only soldiers in the space army in many episodes.

dw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I liked the series! Another show that lasted 1 series!

They said it was too gung hoe! Not cerbral enough!
    Unlike trek eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Space Above and Beyond was canned in the US due to poor ratings....

Oh and loved R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket, and the Mickey Mouse Club Song....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

lads ...

I am holding in my hands (well .. sitting in my lap as I type this :D) the entire DVD set of S:A&E

The quality of these is superb. There's a basic DVD menu to select the episode but no extras (given that it is a fan production

Cost me a bloody mint though. str£68(ish). SO about 100 euros.

WOW where the hell did you get it from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

AW I HATED THE PROGRAMME!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

those hammerhead attack ships ROCKED:)

it came out around the same time as earth 2 didnt it?, now theres a show that sucked, except for the pilot, that was fairly good.

Advertisement