Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space above and Beyond

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

What happened in the end *spoiler* the chigs surrendered or something. Why?
    It seemed to be rushed ending like Dark Skies. The hole thing folded in about two eps.

Any one remember the ending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by Lemming
    Cost me a bloody mint though. str£68(ish). SO about 100 euros
    Damn you to hell! :) Where'd you get 'em?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

I thought the chigs surrendered in the end or am I just dreaming
    I remember an ep where the chig came aboard the carrier and thought the gave up can't remember why etc
    Anyone able to confirm this happening?
    or was that just a season end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

Yeah thaths what hapened then they went to get wests girlfriend from some ship were attacked and you see the 2girls and the asian guy drifting towards some planet then west and hawks sittin on their bunks and that was the end! which is annoying cause it left it open for another few seasons! they ade it sound like thet girls coud have survived and the rest is just a mystery! really wish it would make a come back, bit late now though i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Wang's final moments always sends a shiver down my spine, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

For those wondering where I landed the DVD box set ......

Click here

Have fun ;)

Since I don't know how to do the "spoiler" tags, I'll not comment on the final episode - which a few of you are missing bits from in your posts on it.

I haven't watched the Final Ep. since I last saw it, but I remember it rather well.

Spoiler:
    As mentioned by others, operation "Roundhammer" is set to kick off on the birthing satellite moon/planet of the Chigs. Since they get wind of this, a diplomat is sent to the USS Saratoga and a prisoner retrieval granted (including the Tellus colonists, Nathan West's g/f among them).

The 58th are sent to pick up the prisoners, whilst McQueen gets to sit in on the negotiations since the cpt. has a head-cold and is refused.

It is revealed that the Chigs started the war because the humans were invading planets which they had already told them were claimed by the chigs. The representative for Aerotech Enterprises gets extremely hostile towards the Chig to try and stop him telling everyone else that the corp. already knew about the Chigs. territory and kept it to themselves. The Chig ambassador gets freaked out and detonates a concealed bomb, killing several humans and himself, and blowing one of McQueen's legs off.

Meanwhile, the 58th are attacked when this happens and Wang stays behind in one of the cargo hold thingies firing one of the guns until he gets blown up.

Damphoose & Vanessa jettison from their dropship body via the cockpit, but get pulled into the gravity of an inhospitable planet.

Hawks & West fly the prisnoers back to the Saratoga.

ANd there it ends.
    [/spoiler]

• Advertisement

you sure it was the chig that had the bomb ive always thought that that was gonna be a twist and it would be the aerotech guy that had the bomb and the chigs and the humans would blame each other! cause i remeber that the blomb blew the chig aerotech guy to bits but left the body of McQueen and the chig reasonalbly ok!

Originally posted by Gringo
    you sure it was the chig that had the bomb ive always thought that that was gonna be a twist and it would be the aerotech guy that had the bomb and the chigs and the humans would blame each other! cause i remeber that the blomb blew the chig aerotech guy to bits but left the body of McQueen and the chig reasonalbly ok!

if I recall correctly,
    : the Chig ambassador triggers something on his elbow pad, and then jumps through the glass window seperating the two delegations (since the Chigs breath different elements to humans) lunging for the aerotech rep. before a detonation occurs.

yeah youre right he did jump through the window and i thought the thing on his elbow might of been a transmiter cause the chigs knew straight away that he was dead and attacked, i remember the aerotech guy and the chig guy fighting and i think the aerotech guy did it to kill the chig so people would not find out that the war could of been avoided and that it was all aerotechs fault cause they also sabotaged the mission were they found the intact alien space craft and were gonna use it to bomb a planet!

Advertisement