Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rash (Or Something Similar)

• 17-02-2003 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, here is the problem. I have this thing with my left hand and it is starting to annoy me a bit. On the back of my left fore finger and the area of my palm beneath it all the skin has dissappeared and has been replaced by what I can only describe as rough skin which is red in colour. It peels quite a bit, can get quite itchy and sometimes it leaks. Products such as after shave really hurt when they come into contact with it. It may be spreading, that I am not sure of. I have put it down to maybe not cleaning my hands as much as I should. Anyone want to hazzard a guess or is my description too vague. I don't want to go to a doctor unless it is absolutely necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

sounds a bit like dermatitis, could be wrong, best get it checked with your GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Sounds like a case of contact Dermititis to me. Is this the first time it's happened or does it happen around this time every year?Eczema would be very unlikely unless you suffered as a child and "grew out of it". That and the fact it would be driving you insane with the itch... The skin is weeping cause you've broken the skin so get your ass to your GP. A topical steroid cream will clear it up in a few days and you might need a short course on antibiotics if it's become infected. In the mean time use some suedocream to cool it down and take an antihistemin for the itch if it's to much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sounds similar to Athlete's Foot, but obviously isn't. Talk to your pharmacist (at least is isn't somewhere, eh, private ;)).

Advertisement