Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Suggestion] Public Transport Board

Options
  • 17-02-2003 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Not sure if there's something that covers this already, but I'm looking for somewhere to discuss:
    • Dublin Bus
    • Irish Rail
    • Taxis
    • People with cars!
    • Slow people getting on the bus :p
    • Idiots that stand waiting for the bus that comes once every half hour then get on the bus and spend ages looking for the bleedin fare :mad:

Also to discuss why we don't have stuff like this here:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/02/17/japan.smart.cards.ap/index.html

I wonder if a representative from Dublin bus would be willing to come in and console our grievances :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I support this. Put it in Society. (Thanks for moving it from the Admin / Support board).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

could add it to lifts/carpools?

VIVA THE FORUM EVOLUTION!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Yes i think this forum is a good idea.

I have a lot of sh!t to say about public transport (Bus Eireann in particular :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I heartily endorse this product and/or suggestion.

I think we could call it "Commuting" or "Commuters" ...something to that effect.

I make that suggestion on the basis that Cyclists and Walkers have rights too and issues about Travel, Roads and Transport, plus it could incorporate the existing Lifts/ Carpools board.

Overall, If you think about how many times Dublin Bus and Irish Rail Threads appear, dotted in a varitey of locations, I think it might be an idea to consolidate the discussion.

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It seems a good idea given that getting around is such a huge part of everyone's life, but I wonder is the traffic (worst pun ever) is going to be there.

It might just turn into a series of worst journey ever stories. Not that thats a bad thing.

Can I just give this topic a nudge a bit...

B/E/F seems to be the forum for rail transport gripes atm, but surely the suggestions in this thread seem more appropriate for these posts

Platform11.org - a reputed Irish Lobby Group for Rail Users have posted on B/E/F. Whilst the topic has merit, is it really a "core" B/E/F issue!?

See 2 recent threads here...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85658

and here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85578

Any thoughts!?

D.

Yeah, **BUMP**, we want our board (remember my PM at the weeekend Devore? :p)

So I attended a meeting of the Dublin Cycling Campaign tonight (they are considering consolidation within an / the Irish Cycling Campaign). They might be interested in a board.

How about under "After Hours" have a drop down (like the "Languages" one on "Society") for "Transport" like this.

Transport
    . Cycling
    . Lifts / Carpools
    . Motors
    . Public Transport (Walking, Bus, Rail, Luas, Ferries, Airlines)
    . Transport (?)

MIJAG and Travel / Holidays would probably be kept their present location. Grouping them might save "Lifts / Carpools" from the great hard disk in the sky.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

would renaming "Lifts / Carpools" satisfy ye?

I'm thinking "Commuting / Transport" or something.

DeV.

• Advertisement

That sounds good-

As I said earlier- means we can consolidate the discussion a little better:)

Commuting / Transport is broad and fairly unambiguous.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Thumbs up etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

great! i can tell dublin bus what i think about it and have some sort of justifiication for it!

bring it on!!

Advertisement