Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Playback Woes

• 17-02-2003 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I recently received a gift of a region-free DVD movie from Asia but can't get it to play on my PC. My PC won't even recognise that it's a DVD. It's quite possibly a not-so-legal piece of software :D

When I insert it into the DVD drive, Winamp, of all things, tries to play it. I looked at it through Windows Explorer and it contains a 44byte .cda file called "Track1". There doesn't appear to be any other data on the DVD at all.

The thing is that my mate has already played it on his home DVD player, so I know that the movie's on the disc, just don't quite know how to play it yet.

I tried PowerDVD and ZoomPlayer (v2.90) and although they recognise that there's a CD in the drive, they're interpereting it as an audio CD, refusing to acknowledge that there's actually a DVD in the drive.

Has anyone any ideas? Cheers.

*my DVD drive is a: ATAPI DVD-ROM 16X 422M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

How do you know that its is a DVD??
    could it be a vcd? or svcd?
    have you tried a program like dvd-decryptor/smart-ripper?
    this will at least tell you all the files in the dvd

Advertisement