Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mage: The Accension -'Do', bloody hell

• 18-02-2003 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

How entirely confusing. Could someone please explain 'do' for the Akashics? So many forms, techniques and modificiations, none of them in the core rule book. And there's the book of shadows? Web pages of confusion and no one seems to know what metal form does! Any direction or reccomendations would be exceedingly welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Talk to evil red head geezer. He seems to have much hidden knowledge and released much of it to me over the telephone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Bad monkey! You would have been directly contacted had your opinion been required! He of much red hair has already given me his 'do' knowledge but it was woefully insufficient and confusing. My request for help stands. Also, if anyone has the 'Book of Shadows' in pdf format it would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

I've always used it in the kind of Shaolin sense - expanded a bit, of course. Basically, if the human form is capable of extending itself to do seemingly impossible tasks, such as huge leaps, running up walls, that kind of thing.

Add to it natural "Entropy" effects such as precise pressure point attack, hitting to break bones/ shatter structures. Add Forces, Life and Entropy at high levels to an Akashic, and you get a hell of a killer - not that Akashic's would ever do that of course.

I wonder is there more detail in the Akashic Tradition book...if memory serves there is.

Yes I have a good idea of the theory behind do but what im looking for specifically is rules and systems. Surely white wolf must have published some sort of definate system. All I've found is the woefully inadequate Akashic Tradition Book and some reference to the book of shadows. The core rule book hardly even mentions do, only that its powerful and it is the extension blah blah blah. Granted I have run into many different reccomendations relating to do but nothing concrete and everything is contradicting. Tell me the book of shadows explains the original rules for do? I'm not waiting for a convention of some sort and asking an arrogant and condecending story teller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

I'll ask some mates of mine who are big into Mage and see if I can find any info for you

• Advertisement

I await a light in the fog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

that'd be the approaching fireball

You are beyond disappointing. That was such a useless post. Here I was thinking maybe someone had posted something relevant! And a mages dont tend to use fireballs they tend to explode with paradox if they do....

well, try not to be too disappointed but here's another completely useless post.

sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Good ol' boards spirit shining through.

• Advertisement

I was going to reply with something useless but decided against it

seems relevant:

http://www.conradhubbard.com/paradigma/akashic_do.html

http://www.camst.net/rules/mage_51.php
    ---> has a rules clarification/mod stating:
    Akashic Brotherhood
    Akashics do not need to have three levels of Brawl to possess the Do specialization. It requires High Approval for any non-Akashic to learn the Do specialization of Brawl.

and the following seems to have a nice enough system for it:

http://www.angelfire.com/ab/akashic/theway.html

http://hem.bredband.net/arenamontanus/Mage/paths_do.html

watch out for annoying pop ups on the last two.

mind you, you'll probably assume this to be a pointless post and ignore it :)

Hope it helps, your sense of humour might improve.

It works it works why would google not lead me to such usable information!? The pop ups make my soul hurt however. Surprisingly I actually found a page that looks useful.

My sense of humour is a masterpiece actually. How dare you. Although i'm too tired to make anything at the moment....

Advertisement