Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Got Me 2 Interviews!!!! In One Week!!!!

• 18-02-2003 12:53am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

YAY!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Good man!

Just hope that it's not for BurgerKing and McD's....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Originally posted by voodoo
    Good man!

Just hope that it's not for BurgerKing and McD's....

Do they even interview you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

gl hope u get the best of the 3 . afaik from the posters in mc d's windows there ment to have a screaning process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Do they even interview you ?

They did when I had a part time job there when I was at school :)
    10 mins job, basically have you any diseased that can be passed on from handling food, that kinda thing! heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

wasnt that simple for me. When I was bout 17, people were turning up in suits for our mcdonalds interview. I was asked where i had worked before, what my brothers worked at, what my dad worked at, where i worked, what references i had, what qualifications i had, what i had for breakfast.... you'd swear i was going for a €40,000 a year job :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

well i didnt get ONE of the jobs anyway! i was the first person interviewed, and theyd tonnes of candidates, ive 2 yrs experience.

Would you believe that I heard them thru the door while i was waiting to go in and they had practically written me off before i even met them, i was well pissed off, stupid muppets were discussing how the next person after me had 7 yrs experience and was a project managment type!!! for a junior f*cking role too! and how if they could get someone of that experience on a junior salary it would be brilliant!

I got the yadda yadda we have you on file crap in the post two days later.

Im still holding out for the second of the two its for a company in the IFSC and ive sat two rounds of interviews with them, its thru a recruitment agency, the only one that helped me too, ARGHH!!! if i dont get this im off to britain to serve in her majesties forces, theres a career if ever i saw one. an officer! and then il have a gun and then il..... (VIOLENT AND UNPATRIOTIC RANT STOPPED BY MY CONCIENCE):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sometimes the competition for jobs is pretty sick..

A while ago I went for a job as a trainee DBA (oracle and sql).
    Almost had it too until a late entrant arrived.. he was a DBA team Admin! going for a trainee role! bastard!!!

needless to say I didn't get the job as I would have been a proper trainee rather than a fully fledged, qualified, experienced git. No fair :(

ah well. Keep plugging away. It's soul destroying but it gets there in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by LoLth
    sometimes the competition for jobs is pretty sick..
    A while ago I went for a job as a trainee DBA (oracle and sql).
    Almost had it too until a late entrant arrived.. he was a DBA team Admin! going for a trainee role! bastard!!!

The thing is, an overqualified person like that DBA admin will probably be keeping his/her eyes open for a job at a more suitable level, once he finds one he'll bugger off from the trainee job and the company will be back hiring...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

BLOWN IT

2 callbacks after the initial interview with the one company and they didnt take me in the end, they took another candidate with 1yrs more experience than me.

what a pile of ****e, got into the last 2 (me and some girl) out of 8 initial candidates and was interviewed by 4 people over the course of the interviews and then the MD (who didnt actually interview me cos he was away on business twice, but he interviewed the other candidate) made the final decision. F*CK them all anyway, f*cking french froggy bastard of a company, probably heard i HATED the anti-war movement and all things french, why I should walk back in on monday with a f*cking machine gun and br....... [EDIT] RANT ENDED [/EDIT]

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

dont think of it as a negative experience.
    think of it as a good elarning experience.
    think about what you talked about and think about what, in your mind, may have sound crap, and how you can improve on it.

think about some of the questions you were asked which you may have bungled through, and how can you can get a more concise answer. something that doesnt make you sound as if youve been thrown completely off :)

its also a good idea to review your CV and make sure you know everything is on there. any discrepencies should have a workable excuse, coz if you are asked and you fumble about, its oging to look like oyu are lying throgh your teeth!
    if you were out of work, say you were out of work, and then say you were out of work because you couldnt find a job youwanted,a nd you used the time to study or do charity work or some suck rubbish :)

but mostly, just use these as experience and learn form any mistakes, or anything you were unhappy about.

good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement