Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1901 And Not The Bill Payer

Options
  • 18-02-2003 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

does it have to be the bill payer who rings up 1901 to complain to Eircom because i am at home while the bill payer is away sunning herself for 2 weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭deepspeed

assuming you are male and the bill payer is female.,,,,

you'll hardly fake that your her...

you probably wont be able to get any info, even though you may have the account number etc, i've tried saying im the persons partner/husband etc.

but its worth a try, no point in *not* complaining when it comes to eircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

hahahah ....no! I've ordered services on the phone line in my parents house twice before, and changed the carrier without eircom ONCE checking that I am who I am....I never even said it was my parents account, i'm a girl and the account is in my dad's name, and they never said anything about it.

As long as you have the account number and phone number and address, you can do whatever you like. It's disgusting really. Anyone could order services on other peoples phone lines without eircom doing any verification.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,442 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by eth0_
    Anyone could order services on other peoples phone lines without eircom doing any verification.
    Do they not check the number the call is coming from? And account number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by eth0_
    they never said anything about it

i rang today and was told it had to be the account holders name. i don't sound too feminine for Eircom. i'll try tomorrow with a different operator

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Victor
    Do they not check the number the call is coming from? And account number?

They checked the account number when I ordered ISDN and I was calling from my mobile. I rang to cancel it a few days later and was ringing from my work phone and they didn't ask for my ac no to cancel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement