Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor brightness

• 18-02-2003 2:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

OK, I recently reset my monitor using the on screen menu. I was disappointed to see that the normal picture ended up almost completely dark. I'd had the brightness up full, as well as the contrast. (The setting was only halfway when I got it) I know I've been "upping it" every few months maybe.

Would there be an internal component issue? For example, when I boot up (top brightness), the DOS text is a sort of reddish-brown. I thought it was originally brightish-grey.

Any ideas? It's a 2½ yr Gateway 19".

TIA

It is what it's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

you can adjust the brightness from the control panel too

goto display, settings, advanced, nView, device settings, colour correction, i can set the iiyama to blind you

if you dont have nView, do a search for colour correction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I had a gateway monitor that got very dark also, an ev700, the only way I could make it brighter was by using the program powerstrip which fixes the gamma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Check if theres a monitor menu option for colour temperature.. sounds like it could be set to low.
    Your brightness on the monitor should never really be all the way up anyway.. use gamma correction using software drivers (nview etc.) to solve that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Illkillya
    I had a gateway monitor that got very dark also, an ev700, the only way I could make it brighter was by using the program powerstrip which fixes the gamma.

yeah the ev700 is unbelivably dark. ive brightness, contrast and colour temp at max and i still need powerstip to whack up the gamma. terrible monitors imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    ahhh cool. now I know that its my Gateway EV910 :)

Gamma upness goodness when I get home.

That's the one!

I've tried adjusting the brightness/gamma, but the windows 2000 blue wallpaper never looks the same colour at home as the ones in college.

Thanks for the help!

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Unfortunately some montiors are naturally a lot worse than others. I used to game on some crap machines where you would play with full brightness, colour, colour temp and full gamma and you'd still be considering buying Night Vision in CS ;)

Advertisement