Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multi room viewing digital tv

• 18-02-2003 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

I presume to able to watch different digital channels in each room you need to have a digi box and card for each room.So does this mean you need a sub for each box ie:27e a pop for each room or is there another way that chorus or ntl have kindly thought of.
    Thanks

;

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

don't those 4 way booster (or something) type things work for this ..
    i saw it in an argos catalogue iirc:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes, you need to have a seperate box (and card) for each point if you want digital on more than one point.

NTL in the UK do have an offer for extra boxes at a discount, but I don't think NTL Ireland offer it. If you live in their franchise area, phone NTL on 1800 234 234 and tell them you want an extra box and see what they say.

As for Chorus - can a Chorus subscriber enlighten us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

As far as I am aware, Chorus (in Cork) are offering their digital TV package for €49 a month, this includes the sports channels and they install an analog box in an extra room for free. The analog box offers the regular channels + sports.

You can get the movies included for about €53 all in monthly (plus analog box).

A friend of mine has 2 digital boxes from Chorus (one in the bedroom, one in the sitting room). I'll check the cost with him and let you know.

Advertisement