Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redneck Manifesto = Emperor's new clothes?

Options
  • 18-02-2003 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, I just don't get all the hype surrounding them. I saw them in Whelan's last Thursday and was completely underwhelmed. I'm not one to usually slag-off local bands, but I just don't get it - maybe Thursday was one of their off night's or something.

Still however bad they were, they were 100 times better than that hopeless French duo that followed them, I can't remember their name but they were without doubt, the worst band I've ever seen live, and I've seen Menswe@r!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Well I saw them @ Dakota on new year's eve and I thought they were good.

One thing I could_not_believe though.. it was something like 25 quid in and yet there was in total about 30 mins of live music. The support was a not_funny "comedian" & the Redneck Manifesto came on about 11.10 and played till about 11.40!! A half hour set AND stopping before midnight on NYE???? come on..

After that was 2 hours of david kitt "DJ-ing". Enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

Whatever gets you through the night, but I like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i also am very much in favour of this redneck manifesto. though i didn't realise there was much 'hype' surrounding them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

What was written here about 'vocals' was a crazy rant, induced by narcotics and alcohol.

I am so sorry!!! the Rednecks are great.

Oh god!

This is why my girlfriend left me!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Gotta disagree there - some tracks by "Godspeed you black emporer" that I've heard rank as the most emotional songs I've ever heard - and not a vocal in sight!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Vocals schmocals, they are great. Forget about the lack of words and just listen to the music. Soundtrack music my hole, that's one of the worst criticisms of a band that I've ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I agree with the vocals schmocals comment. And so I believe would Motzart and Schubert...

I was at the Dakota show simply to see TRM. Missed the comedian...actually caught the last crowd laugh before he f**ked off. Couldn't believe how bad a choice of a venue it was, really the pits for live music, and with about 80% of the crowd appearing to be regulars there for the night that was in it, not exactly exactly a rapturous reception. I still stood transfixed in front of the stage (that took 30 minutes to reach, I kid you not), they are that bloody good. And I thought the show went on until nearer 11.50, 'cos there was a big rush to get the front row to move back so they could lower the screen for the midnight visuals...

Two JD and Cokes, and we were gone by 12.05, for better parts. Still worth the 25 yo-yos. Anyone going in March?

Advertisement