Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win98 language setting

Options
  • 18-02-2003 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is a way to change the default display language in windows 98 without re-install the whole thing?

I want to change an english installation to a protuguese (not brasilian) installation. I have the CD etc but I don't want to have to reinstallthe whole thing, i can reinstall but there must be another way.

it's windows 98, not 98se.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

No. I don't beleive that Win98 supports multi-language UI (as does 2K/XP etc..

You can change keyboards layouts, currencies, date/time formats and even codepage (although this is the same as USEnglish anyway) etc.. This can be done from the Regional settings applet in the Control Panel. For a full PTB UI, you'll need to purchase/install the Portuguese version of Win98.

Advertisement