Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trim the fat !

• 18-02-2003 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Boards I love it, you love, big group hugs and kisses all round. But I do have one gripe with it and its that its two fractured, loads of little boards here and there slowly dieing a lonely lonely death. So Devore or Regi ( but we all know Dan just the whipping boy ) could we have a major cull on the boards ? Could you merge the various game boards back into the main ones or create later generic boards, that way ppl get see what’s happening with other games/communities.

Say move any board without activity or a limited number of posters back into larger grouping and say make a Action/First person board.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I agree with the idea of merging boards if they are dead/dying but some communities do move at a slower rate then others.

We'll have a skite around the games forums and see if there is a need to merge upwards but we have a rule of thumb here about how long a board remains inactive before we take a look at moving it. (usually 30 days).

I'll have a think about boards that are dying (if any) and see what we can do about them.

DeV.

Advertisement