Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of a venue called "The Village'?

Options
  • 18-02-2003 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hello Postars ( heehee laughing at my own pun)
    Can someone please help me out and tell me if you know of a venue called ' The Village' in Dublin's fine city centre!!
    Love are playing there as part of their 'Forever Changes' tour on April 2nd and it should be a belter if only I can find the bloody place!!!
    Thanx for any help!!!:D
    Would recommend this gig for anyone who missed the last one!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Im planning on following the good vibes down the street until i find it!! CANT WAIT!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

Yeah i think its where the old mean fiddler was or something not sure exackly...

Due to open at the beginning of march....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

It's in club Mono on wexford st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

It's on wexford st anyway I know that much
    :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Yes, The Village is the venue formerly known as Mono and prior to that, the Mean Fiddler. It;s next door to Whelans of Wexford St. and opens towards the end of this month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

I bought the album there a while ago... on my ex's recommendation. Good enough to listen to.

Aparently Sir Paul MacCartney told his kids to listen to it.

Good stuff Paulzers,

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 madeline

Thank's y'all, now I can get my rocks off and go hell for leather in da Village in April!!! Woohoo can't Wait!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

They got a rake of gigs lined up already. Must be very confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Y'all should go see Arthur Lee there, saw him last year at the ambassador and he was fantastic, still has a great vioce, and did pretty much the whole of 'Forever Changes'(one of the best albums ever) and a few tracks from some of the other Love albums. He only did a couple of his newer tracks, one of which was very good, the rest were pretty good.

Love are the best band in the world and Forever Changes is without doubt the best album ever made!

I seen Arthur Lee last year and it was one of the best moments of my life. Unfortunately though I will be unable to attend this year :mad: because I am running a competition final on the same night....which (plug, plug;) ) details of are on www.competition.tk if your interested.

Still, I'm ragin' I'm goin' to miss Arthur. I encourage everyone to go see him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement