Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Buying

Options
  • 18-02-2003 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hrm. Where's the best place to buy games online? Piticularly PS2 titles? I'm asking because I reckon places like Amazon and whatnot add a hefty P&P.

Actually, what I'm looking for piticularly as well, is Guilty Gear X2. It's out in the states, asia, but here? I haven't seen it yet. (For those out of the loop, Guilty Gear X2 has been getting ALLOT of VERY, VERY GOOD reviews. You won't find one review that doesn't have 'Greatest fighting game ever!' in the first sentence. ;)

-DA-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Try http://www.play.com (free postage worldwide) and also try http://www.cdwow.ie

Cheers !!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I would recommend cdwow alright as they are super quick in delivering. Also their prices are very competitive.

However it also worth checking out the American version of their site. The prices in dollars are cheaper than the Irish site and more importantly, the games are PAL versions:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Cheers lads. :)

/me preorders MGS2: Substance. :D

-DA-

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

www.buyrite.net are good for american games but the second hand games can be dodgy. New ones are grand though. I'm experimenting with ebay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

I've used eBay four times now, and the biggest problem I've encountered has been buying a German version of Nightfire - ah well, I can pretend I'm playing a high-tech Medal of Honor! ;)

Seriously, I got a Platinum Gamecube controller (not a Wavebird) (not coming to Europe) from Hong Kong, Timesplitters 2 from Australia, Medal of Honor from Blighty and Nightfire from Germany - all in fantastic condition. And (with exception of controller) for half the price you'd pay elsewhere. :D

Spend a day or two browsing eBay, looking under Sterling or Euro (otherwise you'll end up with US and Jap games in your search results). Oh, and make sure you're looking under "Items Available To...Ireland", to make sure they'll deliver. I'm presuming PS2s have the same issues as Gamecubes re. NTSC vs PAL games?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Any chance this thread could be made a sticky and renamed to "Where to buy games online"?

Advertisement