Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny rock films

Options
  • 18-02-2003 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

What do you guys think was the best and fuuniest early 90's comedy film about the "rock" culture? Wayne's World either one, Airheads or dazed and confused, mall rats, lost boys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 dave mustaine

the early 90's rocked both music and video i want them back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

out of your little list i'd go for Dazed and Confused....loved that film.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

cool, only saw it once thought it was cool cant remeber any lines thought, but love waynes world 2its one of my favourite films love all the weird lines like, this one time on tour with ozzy.. not to mention now wasi it just me or did you find it a bit gratuitous to see the crack of that indians ass?
    they should make more films like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Has anyone seen "Almost Famous" yet? Great Rock N' Roll film. It has this f*cking classic scene in an aeroplane! :)

And yeah... not to forget the Wayne's World movies!
    "Ribbed for her pleasure...EEEEEEeeeeewww!"
    "Purchase public access show, and exploit it. Well I feel sorry for whoever that is."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Spinal Tap best film ever!!!!! Waynes World 1&2! All of them classics!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The Adventures of Bill and Ted!
    Beavis and Butthead!
    Joe Dirt!

There's quite a few. Alot of them are funny. But I hate the fact that it gives people the thought that all metal heads are like what they've seen in the movie which is as we all know a load of BS. Its good funny watching people stereotype us so terribly bad, it just shows us how stupid some people can be.

Yeah actually those are good films, i thought joe dirt was moreof a recent film than an early 90's 1. what about little nicky, not really a metal film but hame metal heads in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Airheads and Wayne's world both rocked, had me laughing my ass off in places :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

My favourite one would have to be...

Wayne's World 1 + 2
    Dazed And Confused
    Detroit Rock City
    and
    Almost Famous falls into the category aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Any one seen Frank Zappa's 200 motels. It's about how been a rock band on the road can drive you mad. It's a stange movie, i can't say that it's a great movie, but it was one of the first "rock movies". It's really only applies to Zappa Freaks.

The Monkees "head" was another "rock movie" and is equally as stange as 200 motels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Did anyone ever see that Beatles film that was called "The Magical Mystery Tour" or something like that. That was great. :)

And not to forget the Yellow Submarine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

"Who'd win in a fight, Lemmy or God?"
    "Er, Lemmy?"
    "Ha! Trick question! Lemmy *IS* God!"

Classic, tbh.

Also check out Return Of The Living Dead.
    Zombies + Punks = Muchos fun!

yeah that was cool! what about the bit were the guy in the radio station says something like what is your statement gonna be to al your fans and brebdan frasier puts its simply but greatly Rock And Roll. i think that is a class statement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

Waynes World one and two

also, Singles. yea i know, not a rock film, but Pearl Jam act in it briefly and the soundtrack includes Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Chris Cornell, Mother Love Bone, Smashing Pumpkins and Jimi Hendrix!!

I still think waynes world 2 has the most memorable 1lines! so much funny sh*t in that film! "hey buddy a lot of guys girlfriends are in there"

i swear, me and kingconor could do a remake of it and get every line right without rehearsing! such a class film!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

hey man you got a joint?
    not on me
    it'd be alot cooler if you did....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Originally posted by Okie
    Detroit Rock City

its Detroit City Rock , Detroit Rock City is a completely different film afaik (unless your not talking about the rock film about Kiss fans)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by Funky
    its Detroit City Rock , Detroit Rock City is a completely different film afaik (unless your not talking about the rock film about Kiss fans)

Detroit Rock City is the name of the film about the Kiss Fans. Detroit City Rock is the name of a Kiss song.

Cool film, even if, like me, you don't like Kiss' music.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Has anyone seen Turbulance 3? It's meant to be a metal film but what they call "death rock" actually turns out to be pop rock with a gothic image. Blah!

• Advertisement

Waynes World 2 has an endless supply of cool quotes

Never seen that film! is it really good or just kinda good? do you get to hear alot of cool KISS music? do you guys watch family guy? ever see the one that had KISS in it, twas kinda funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Err since when is mallrats a "rock" film?
    Theres absolutely no mention of music in it at all... unless I've watched it close to 30 times and haven't yet picked up on the fact that Brodie and TS are in a band? :)
    Clerks may have the russian beserker guy and they go to a club in Chasing Amy.. but thats about it when it comes to Kevin Smith ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The Julian Temple feature length documentary 'The Filth and the Fury' about the Sex Pistols is chock-full of laughs. :)

a Pearl Jam t-shirt makes a brief appearence in Chasing Amy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

a Pearl Jam t-shirt makes a brief appearence in Chasing Amy
    And the award for Most Irrelevant post Ever goes to.....Darkillion!!:D

Waynes World 1+2 and Detroit Rock City are the only ones ive seen, as far as i can recall, but are so funny. And they have an endless supply of quotes. Anyone got a website from full of quotes from films like these?

/edit o yeah i thought Spinal tap was crap! i watched the first hour and thought "Sod this!" It was just unfunny!

Thank you, thank you all who voted for me!

nah, its just that i got nuts when something PJ related comes up somewhere you dont expect. ie: Under The Bridge video, when Antony is walking in the street there is a pearl jam t-shirt behind him for a second. i know, im sad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by Darkillion
    Thank you, thank you all who voted for me!

nah, its just that i got nuts when something PJ related comes up somewhere you dont expect. ie: Under The Bridge video, when Antony is walking in the street there is a pearl jam t-shirt behind him for a second. i know, im sad

You must of loved Hackers then!
    Woah, Vitalogy man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

• Advertisement

not seen it! perhaps i will have to!!

on another note, Vitalogy is a brilliant, if inconsistant album

Advertisement