Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Scott Vs Brian Johnson

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

kbannon wrote: »
    Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a 12 year old thread resurrected before.
    ***looks around in awe***

It's acceptable considering this is a debate that's been raging for decades.

Bon was better in my opinion. Better singer, better frontman and the records were far better in the 70s.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

They should get Arnold Schwartz-A-Negro* to sing guest vocals or a duet. Who Made Who 2015 perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It's acceptable considering this is a debate that's been raging for decades.

...except that it hadn't "raged" i.e. been mentioned, in over a decade until someone exhumed this stinky festering corpse of a thread.

Next up: which one of your testicles is your favourite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

blastman wrote: »

Bon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

blastman wrote: »

Sophies choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

Bon Scott -curently listening to Riff Raff wih a bottle of jack daniels with the wife upstairs asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Has to be Bon - not even close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Bon was dirtier in his delivery, more bluesy, more musical.
    I like AC/DC enough , but since Back in Black there is a hell of a lot of filler on all albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

buck65 wrote: »
    Bon was dirtier in his delivery, more bluesy, more musical.
    I like AC/DC enough , but since Back in Black there is a hell of a lot of filler on all albums.

Bon was often smutty, stupid and dirty but there was also a lot of wit and personality to his lyrics and delivery - and he had a danger about him. I also think AC/DC's songwriting was at it's peak during his era. Love Bon's performance in this song: He's really singing at his limit and even though it contains so many other elements it's really dominated by his voice -

Brian Johnson was great, but I thought it all got a bit cartoonish - even by the standards of the already ludicrous - by the time he arrived. The odd good album here and there, but they never consistently reached the earlier heights. Also, people seem to forget that for much of the eighties and nineties Johnson's voice was absolutely shot to pieces. Listen to how strangulated he sounds here, particularly on the chorus; you can practically hear his vocal cords disintegrating:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Bon all day long

but Brian is/was great too in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Zico !

Yes Bon was the brains behind the lyrics while Brian was banned from doing lyrics after the razors edge

Advertisement