Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com by pigeon post?

Options
  • 19-02-2003 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else had what seems to be unreasonable delays in getting deliveries from Play.com?
    I pre-ordered Unreal 2 a while back and according to their website it was posted to me last Thursday but still no sign. I thought post from the UK was generally an overnight service, certainly no more than two working days.
    The real bee-hatch is that I've been off work since last Wednesday morning and was looking forward to spending the last few days playing it. Instead I've been missing precious lie-ons trying to make sure I can answer the door when postie comes knocking.:mad:

I likes my bed I does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Anything I ordered form Play.com (DVDs) always takes about a week. The send it cheapo post as they pay the postage (whic is fine by me).

Anyhow, I wouldn't worry until a week has passed !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Its taken up to 2 weeks sometimes for me to recieve items from the day they have been shipped...they are shipping from Jersey

...but in all honesty i never complain..I find their prices excellent and the fact they dont charge for P+P, that extra lil time doesnt really matter now does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah they're pretty good. Cheapest place around. I bought GTA3 off them when it came out on PC and it came in the the week or so that it said it would which is find. i don't mind waiting a week for getting €20/€30 cheaper than in the shops! Think i'll probably be ordering GTA: Vice City when it come out in may too, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone from admin approached Play about getting a CI board here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

imo its always best if they request it. Then you know it will be taken seriously.

Not sure what we'd get outta a CI board for play.com.
    Doubt they gonna drop their prices much more :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

From what i can see, Games take about 5-10 Working Days but DVDs and Music only take max 5 days.

Must ship from different places.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I order a fair bit from Play.com, longest delivery was 8 days, shortest was next day (!!!) for a DvD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I think play.com have been affected by Valentine's day.

I usually get stuff off them within 3 days of postage. But I had a PC game and a DVD both shipped on thurs the 13th Feb, only to get the PC game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeh, I've been waiting over a week for a DVD from them now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Before christmas i used to get dvds at max 3 days unless something went wrong with the post..
    but after christmas its seems a week is the average..
    i suspect its something to do with An Post as they were screwed at christmas and are probably still recovering..
    i say this because play usually set my package as being mailed at most a day after i order for popular items.
    -- that said i have no experience with games but i doubt theres much difference as most are the same size as dvds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ive ordered at least 20 + things (dvds etc) and all have come within a week except for one ( Battle royal) took over two weeks i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ah, got my DVD from them today. Sweet family guy goodness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Family Guy Season 2 for me today. it really is great stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Allright. im REALLY annoyed. Ordered Road To Rome on Sunday night. was packaged within an hour and sent out on 23rd. I have yet to see it in my letter box :mad: Argh. I want my Road To Rome :( . I wish they at least gave you the option to pay for quicker delivery like next day or something. Its Very annoying waiting for over a week to get it.

Though, this slowness has only happened in the last few months. Usually i would get DvDs within the week but since late last year it has upped itself to over a week. Is the problem with Royal Mail over in the UK or with our post service? I sometimes wonder if the postmen 'borrow' the DvD for a night and watch it... Also they take there time delivering messages in the rain. Postman didnt come till 2pm today cos it was wet. usually they come at 9 or 10am .... damn pigeon post, i want my Road To Rome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

All there prices are in sterling where do you guys go to find out how much it will be in Euro????

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

here>converter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gibbothegreat

I order all my DVD's from Play.com and the longest time I have to wait is 8 days considering I live in Gibraltar (parcel has to go from jersey to uk then gib) not bad at all :D

Advertisement