Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Member Services

Options
  • 19-02-2003 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Had a bit of a brain fart this mornig which must have loosened this idea.

How about a member services board/list. You know the sort of thing where Company X, gives 10% discount to boards members.
    They get good revenue stream, we get discounts - works with many clubs, bodies and communities.

It's similar to the existing commercial interaction boards, but really without the interaction on site. So it wouldn't be the hardcore pimpinmg that that Komplett and Elara get to do.

I was going to throw this in the existing 'Where you want board to go' thread but that seems more long term, whereas this could be started easily and progressed.

As I say, just a brain fart - and it's prob been though of years ago...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hmmmm... what a curious methane-ejection.... sounds like a good idea actually... free stuff is rarely a bad one I guess!

Boards Offers! under Admin perhaps.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Would have to be highly contained. Admins creating threads only as otherwise we'll have a dozen new members with 1 post...and a bunch of trollers/troublemakers offering cars for 1 euro if you would only phone a certain number... :)

We could allow replies to threads from members...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Are we thinking somewhere companies could come themselves to post or something like the bargain forum over at DVD Forums (or a combo of both)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I was thinking along the lines of moderated list of benefits menbers can avail of similar to the IEI as seen here

The special offers might be an extension of this...

Advertisement