Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell LCD

• 19-02-2003 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi there, I've got LCD panel of my I8000 broken ... I know that it's nearly a half of the price of the laptop - wonder how do I minimize my repairement expenses - and how much would it be roughly to fix it ...

Many thanks, Dmitry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

It depends whats broken about it. You can get standalone LCD panels (without the Invertors or LVDS convertors) on Ebay for under $50. If just the screen is broken, that would work.

You would however need to get lucky and find a compatible LCD, not just any will work.

Do a search on Ebay, theres loads of them.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 _Nobody113

Thanks for reply, the thing is it's 1600X1200 UHGA lcd, I bought it in US, I know that now I can even buy cooler thing like Diamond Black , but where can I buy native dell's LCD ? Also is it hard to replace it, co I even cannot figure out how can I do it.

Thankx.

I checked spurce - couldn't finde UXGA - only SXGA (thanks a million anyway) - Does anybody know how do I buy a spare directly from DELL ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm assuming you rang Dell? They do sell spares themselves.

Not yet, It took me 2 hours to get a response last time I did it o;(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Perhaps post a question on their support forums, perhaps someone else has had to do the same thing before.

Advertisement