Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 7110 and IRDA net access

• 19-02-2003 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Having a whole heap of problems using my Nokia 7110 as an infra-red modem in Windows 2000 on a laptop. Here be one of them....

I have a Xircom LAN/Modem PCMCIA card on the laptop which I use for lan access at home. Even when I've disabled the Modem interface in the Device Manager it still seems to displace the 7110 as the default modem in my dial-up connection.

Any suggestions on how to stop this happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

2000 and xp always seem to do this with IR modems, as soon as the modem goes out of range it replaces it with another modem from the modem list, my suggestion is to buy a cheap data cable for the nokia you can get them on the net in a whole load of places. the only other solution, one i have tried (with success) in the past is the driver at www.ircomm2k.de it gives you a fixed virtual com port which actually is the infrared port, you can install the 7110 on that it will always work then. no disapearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Finally got it to work by poping the card out whenever I go online - not a perfect solution but a solution I guess...thanks all..

Advertisement