Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best and Worst Updated model

• 19-02-2003 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭

This forum is kinda dead, so heres my 2nd attemp at ading something to it.

Which model has been replaced the best? I loved the new plastic space marines (well not new, over a year old by now, but anyway) instead of having them all look exactly the same you can now modify them to all ends of the earth and never have 2 the same (unless your boring ;)).

The new Obliterators are also pretty cool, much beefier than the origionals and look menacing (however attract even MORE firepower than they used to).

However I think the worst model update has to be al the greater deamons, the newest Bloodthirsters head looks like a dog, they just arent evil enough anymore, I prefared the remakes about 2years ago by a mile, the newest Great Unclean one just looks.... stupid. However the new keeper of Secrets isnt bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

I don't know if you'd count this as new, but when Epic 40k came out they totaly destroyed the Eldar titans The OLD Old ones were smooth gracefull and the new ones where just plain Wrong I seriersly hope some sculpter got a hiding ove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

i havent played for a long while (over 4 years) but i think the best upgraded models are the scouts the old ones were crap but the new ones look really cool.

and since i havent played in a while i dont know the worst upgraded model!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

The new Space Wolves plastics (Grey Hunters and Blood Claws) aren't a patch on the 2nd Edition metals. There's not enough feral/unorthodox detail on them. They're too ultra-marine-y and clean-cut looking.

The new eldar epic40k titan's are abombinable. Thank god I have 3 of the old Phantom Titans & a Warlock, plus two scout titans.

That said, the new epic40k Warhound titans are the dog's :D As are the eldar vehicles and flyers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

Yeah most of the Epic 40k modles are pretty sweet, its just those titans they really were abomanations. No bone singer would ever build something like that, not even after a long night watching the Hariquins dance and indulging in Exoidte wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

the new tyranid stuff was done a bit wrong imo, yes the new models look cool and some are a vast improvement (warriors + gaunts) but i get the feeling that they dont look as menacing as they used to. look at the old hive tyrant for example, it was the most evil lookin thing in the 40k range and now its been reduced to poor rendition of a queen from "Aliens" but has a big stupid grin across its face. the exact same could be said for the carnifex, only it needed a new model. genestealers could have DEFINATLY done with a multi part box.same goes for the necrons, instead of looking like angry metal death machines they look like sad tin-men with lego guns.

[/rant] :o phew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The Ork Boyz were a definate improvement over the older models. Far bigger and musclebound, and really evil snarls, just like they should have been all along. The new warboss model was fantastic, pity his stats really aren't up to much compared to other army HQ characters...

I Love the new 40k Chaos Marines. The new Obliterators are indeed class, and the new demon prince is cool.
    My all time favorite new models would be the Warhammer Fantasy Chaos lords, particularly the new Archaon and Nurgle Lord.
    The worst model? I'd say the Night Lords. They just look silly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Metaxis

i dont think the new demen prince moddles r that bad its just there heads r realy f**ked up and the new necrons rnt that bad there definatly an improvement 4m the last and the c'tan moddles r brill but can go horably wrong we have a perfect exe of this in the latest golden demon where a decever was painted to closley resemble a clown

That was the whole point. The Deciever is sorta based on trickster god stuff like pan, or indeed the Trickster from Thief. I personally thought it was da bizness. Each to their own, though. I really like the Necron Wraiths and Flayed ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The best model up date has to be the space marines squads the old plastic ones were just crap and the metal ones were to expencive, the new plastic squads as a whole are a great idea a lot cheaper the the old metal ones.

I don't like the new greater deamons though the last ones were a lot better.

Aye, thank god for the increase in plastic models. So much easier to assemble or convert (there's so much variety, you sometimes don't need to convert anymore!), and poly cement bonds actually make them more robust than metal ones (drop any metal model, and the superglue will fail in at least one bond, if not letting the model completely shatter)

The new plastic Cadians look much better than the metal ones, and those new Grey Knights Terminators are gorgeous (saw a Grey Knights DREADNOUGHT on the website, must be damn scary in battle!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Gray Knight dreads? ouchy.

I always thought them grey knights were kinda hard a*s's tho, even the old models just reeked of coolness.

I love the plastic regiments their makin now tho, the khorne beserker one was great, with that pack I managed to make some pretty insane conversions (made one in exact same pose as cypher, same weapons and sword on belt aswell, hes one cool bugger), their just so... convertable, made some cool ones with the plastic dark eldar aswell, a few guys were crouched down, one was jumping over a small oil box, wasnt too hard to do either, they look damn menacing, as I got a few of them sprinting aswell, so when you charge them into melee they just look the part :)

Advertisement