Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you know you're in the wrong job when....

Options
  • 19-02-2003 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

...one of your tech-support colleagues askes you how to spell "administrator"....sigh..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Great Scott! Still, you'll always have a job as the office spelllor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

What i do 40 times a day
    <serry@work> Hello and welcome to technical support, my name is Ger, what seems to be your problem?

<caller> Hello Gerald, I keep getting cut off my Broadband service...and its slow

<serry@work> Ok sir, what version of windows are you using there?

<caller> oh, i'm using the grey type modem

<serry@work> What version of windows please?

<caller>...windows...right...i'm on windows 97 XP...

<serry@work>....are you using any extention leads to your modem sir?

<caller>...eh...no...no

<serry@work>....How long have you had the broadband service sir...in days, weeks or months?

<caller>...i've had it a long time...

<serry@work>....and how many phone sockets do you have in the house?

<caller>...just the one Gerald...

<serry@work>....and how long is the extention lead to the broadband filter?

<caller>...about 20foot...

<serry@work>....[rant]extention leads are bad......buy one from our website....proper.....cant support what you are doing...too much signal loss....[/rant]

<caller>...but it was working fine yesterday....can't you fix it?

<serry@work>....[rant]extention leads are bad......buy one from our website....proper.....cant support what you are doing...too much signal loss....[/rant]..I'm sorry...

<caller>...but it was working fine yesterday....can't you fix it?

<serry@work>...no....solve this cable issue and give us a ring back....bye...

<caller>...(as he is hanging up - talking to wife)...i have no idea...i'll ring again later dear...get it fixed

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Liars, IT managers that cant find the device manager, people that cannot understand english, people complaining about IE, people that cant start up the PC because "i cant go on the PC now...i'm on the phone...i'll cut you off" , foul language

Not to say that it doesnt suck but i have the paitence for it and i'm good at fixing problems but sometimes it can get to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

What boozer does at work all day:

boozer@work: Hiya this is boozer, what's wrong with your machine

sausagebrain@home: well my son is doing his leaving certs, he is very smart you know, straight A student, must have got it from his parents , he needs the machine to do his school work, he will not get a place in college if he does not have his machine.

boozer@work: Fair enough, but anyway what is the problem?

sausagebrain@home: we can't connect to the internet, it was woking fine yesterday, what is wrong with it? why did it break,? can you send out an engineer? my son needs this machine you see, he needs it to do his school work. will it be difficult to fix? why did it break in the first pklace?

boozer@work: well we need to do some troubleshooting first. is your machine switched on?

sausagebrain@home: no it isn't.

... silence...

Boozer@work: Ok, would you switch it on then please?

sausage brain@home: the computer?

boozer@work: yes the computer.

sausagebrain@home: ok, be right back.

{sound of footsteps fading}

{sound of footsteps coming closer}

sausagebrain@home: ok it's on.

boozer@work: good, could you open the controlpanel on the machine? you click on start, settings control panel

sausagebrain@home: what on the computer?

boozer@work: yes on the computer

sausagebrain@home: ok, be right back.

{sound of footsteps fading}

{sound of footsteps coming closer}

sausage brain@home: ok, done that is it fixed now?

boozer@work: atre yopu at the machine right now?

sauasagebrain@home: no it's on the other side of the house.

boozer@work: could you move the phone to the machine please? it would make everything so much easier!

sausagebrain@home: no, the cable isn't long enough
    WAIT! hang on I have another phone socket near the machine for the internet would that one work on the phone?

boozer@work with evil grin on face: well, yes that would work, go ahead, unplug the phone, and plug it into the wall next to the computer.......

Sausagebrain@home: ok....

{KLIK}
    {Toot toot toot toot}

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

roflmao!!

Advertisement