Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Indestructable!!!

• 19-02-2003 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

Djadarrio (spelling?) Planet Waves leads are not indestructable afterall!! Mine broke for no obvious reason, no abuse or anything! Just plain broke. Thank God for lifetime guarentees!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

How long did you have it for?

F*cking leads piss me off. With all the money I've spent on leads since I've started playing guitar, I could have bought a decent wireless system! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You should always touch up leads with a bit o' solder. If its not the connection then bring it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

A couple of months. These things are pretty much armour plated. You can't even get in near the soldering points. It broke in the cable somewhere though. F*ckin thing cost 27euro and it was only 15 feet long. Brought it back and swapped it for a 20 foot one at no extra cost. Would have been 33 euro for that one. Thank you Ad Lib music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

if there was no abuse of the lead, i actually cannot understand how it broke.

i thought Planet Waves were indestructable.

my universe has been turned on its head

my world is crashing down around my ears

you have destroyed me.

ferdi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Unless those leads are made by Fisher Price they are destructable :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Washout
    Unless those leads are made by Fisher Price they are destructable :)
    Or russian, they always tend to make things 20times stronger than they need to be, just look at the AK-47, the firing pin in that thing is the one you would use in an MG-42, not an assault rifle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Lads.. i think i could be rich, if i brought all the broken leads from our studio home and re soldered them hehehe

every time a lead breaks or starts crackiling the lads just through them in the corner, hmmm i think ill head into the studio tomorrow and start collecting them haha

pity i cant resolder my drum stix lol, bloody fortune stix cost me

Later
    Macker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Speaking of Russian indestructabillity. Did anyone see the Sukhoi SU-27 that landed with the landing gear up?! They just jacked it up, replaced the strakes, fixed the dodgy landing gear and had it flyin again! Try that in an Eagle if you dare!!

Advertisement