Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This story happened about a month ago

Options
  • 19-02-2003 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

This story happened about a month ago in a little town in Ireland, and even though it may sound like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's real!

It was the middle of a very dark and stormy night, a guy was on the side of the road hitch hiking.

As the night rolled on cars were scarce, and no lights lined the street. The storm was so strong he could barely see a few feet ahead of him.

Suddenly in the distance he saw the head lights of a car coming towards him and without any reason it slowed to a stand still beside him. Without hesitation, the guy hurriedly gets into the car and closes the door only to realise there is no one sitting behind the wheel.

All of a sudden the car begins to move, the guy looks at the road ahead and notices a sharp curve coming his way. Scared, he starts to pray, begging for his life.

Still in shock, but just before he hits the curve, a hand appears through the window and turns the wheel. Paralysed with terror, the guy watches how the hand appears every time they approach a curve.

Gathering all the strength he has, the guy grabs the door latch, rolls out onto the pavement and runs as fast as he can to the nearest town.

Dripping wet and in shock the guy runs into a crowded local bar, asks for two shots of whiskey and begins to tell everybody about the horrible experience he just went through. Everyone is glued in silence and amazement as they notice the guy shaking, crying but clearly not drunk.

About half an hour later two guys walk into the same bar and in amazement one says to the other.

"Look Mick, that's the a$$hole that got in the car when we were pushing it!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

good gag, but i seriously doubt it happened:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

tis good, but agree... doubtfull

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

:D very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭B0 SELECTRA

a load of bull

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Not real, heard the exact same joke about 3 month's ago (posted here aswell).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

another oldie ... but a goodie all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

:rolleyes: I find it amazing some of the responses above, OF COURSE IT DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!!! it is a joke that has had the sentence "This story happened about a month ago in a little town in Ireland" added, like: "This story happened about a month ago in a little town in Ireland, a man walked into a bar and said ouch"
    it's a joke (but a very good one at that )!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I know for a fact it happend. I was pushing the car with my mate. And it was very scary. Seriously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

I find it amazing some of the responses above, OF COURSE IT DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAPPEN!!!!

Thanks very much Spandauballet! I was beginning to think that I had posted this joke on the "True Stories" Board.

Hobart, we know that you don't have a car...or any mates!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by McGintyMcGoo

Hobart, we know that you don't have a car...or any mates!
    Doh! Burnt again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement