Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostalgic Music

Options
  • 19-02-2003 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I'm just listening to Soil here, and I'm's a wonderin' does anyone have songs or albums that remind you of CTYI?? 'Cause right now it feels like I'm there and it disturbs me.:)

There's a poll, just so I can see the kind of music that reminds you folks

Which type of music reminds you of CTYI? 24 votes

Rock/Metal
    0% 0 votes
    Pop
    70% 17 votes
    Jazz/Folk
    16% 4 votes
    Ethnic/World Music
    4% 1 vote
    Only American Pie and all the OFFICAL stuff/ Something else, like Toilets flushing or something
    8% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I must say traditional stuff and other. It's all very odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

hmm....*strokes invisible beard*...i have to say the strokes,the hives,the white stripes,the frames,mundy,damien rice and so on were the sounds of session 2....for me anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

For me, "The Rock Show" by blink-182 will forever remind me of session one 2001. "I Am The Walrus" by the Beatles shall bring session two 2002 to the forefront of my mind for many an eve to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

All foreign music, and the sound of people speaking a language I can't recognise. It all makes me very sleepy and happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Originally posted by qwidgybo
    the strokes
    Crap.
    ,the hives
    Crap.
    ,the white stripes
    Crap.

• Advertisement

first of all,go and die.

second of all,the thread's not about good or bad music,or about *ahem* well-worded musical opinions,it's about what reminds you of ctyi.the strokes,the hives and the white stripes remind me of ctyi,be they good or bad,so in they go in my list.

thirdly,go and die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Hmm.. dunno, probably Amen, Tool, Dead Kennedys, Nine Inch Nails and Cradle of Filth..
    It was a good session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Zombie

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

Well, for 2001, it'd be Build me up buttercup, n i'm a believer..... the whole Shrek sound track actually, and naturally other traditionals, such as radiohead and american pie.

This year, Twist and shout (Chris sang it at the match) Last nite - the strokes (talent show) and of course By the way, RHCP, and Qwidgybo's singing "oh i love joseph, jesus, mary, the holy spirit and joseph"

Speaking of music, I presume you all know that RHCP, Foo Fighters and Nickelback are playin Slane. Along with the White Stripes. And more, i presume. Witness includes Coldplay. and the revs. But thats not official yet. Slane is. Well at least thats what i was told. Nih.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

RADIOHEAD IS THE DEFINITIVE CTYI BAND!

erm... had to be said...

But yeah.. White Stripes... i don't have any of their stuff but they're on the top of my BANDS I MUST GET STUFF BY list. Cause what little i've heard is great. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

Tubular Bells reminds me most of 2001, not that I listened to it, but teapot kept telling me how great it was.
    I'd say that pretty much any System of a Down song reminds me of 2002. Yeah, White Stripes, there's a quality two-person set-up

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

For some reason that weird flying piano song reminds me of CTYI, as does anything by sung by Pink because my sister was going through a phase of being obsessed with her so at home her album was on non-stop all summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

Mostly American Pie. I only ever hear it at ctyi, and i heard it the other day and it was like i was back there....

Also sitting on my kitchen counter drinking hot chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

American Pie immediately followed by the national anthem... that happened the other day here in Galway when i was out with another CTYIer.... who I'm living with.

We (of course) screamed the "real" chorus finale "drink, drink, drink, drink, sex, sex, sex, sex, more, more, more, more" just at the point where they cut the music in the middle of american pie --- twas hilarious!

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

'99 and 2000 scarily involved lots of five and steps pisstaking. also build me up buttercup and lit 'my own worst enemy'

euro 2000 sticks out more in my memory though...
    anyone remember sheila's firedrill in the middle of the england-romania match?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You're a newbie, from 2000?

See, this is why we need an elitist board! This guy is from the old sesswions where only a few of us have been.

He doesn't know people here well and should have his own board where he knows everyone and who belongs to which nickname!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Now..ItWasntMe...Most of the posters are oldies. I wouldn't consider myself an oldie, but I've been going to the Summer courses since 2000 (and god knows how long to the saturday classes before).. would you wish to package me off to some other board? (rhetorical question)
    And at session 1,2002, the first disco - NO ONE SANG THE PROPER AMERICAN PIE LYRICS..twas so awful.

Also, Running Away by Hoobastank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

i am not a man!!! and do know people here.but fine,if that's the way you wanna be, i'll go post on the gaa board again...

lisa,don't leave us!!!!!!!

and i don't remember a fire drill during a euro 2000 match....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

It might have been in session 2... There was one in session 1 alright, but I was playing Magic at the time, not watching a Euro 2000 match.

At least I had my shoes on, there were people who were marched out of showers with slippers and bathrobes on - and it wasn't even a Thursday...

What's the topic? Oh. Paranoid Android, I guess (all credit to Smiley's guitar abilities), and Iglesias's Escape (all credit to Keogh's unusual taste in music).

radiohead are indeed *such* a ctyi band......oh,the memories of lying on the floor,waving my arms to street spirit.....

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!since ctyi i've laughed at least four times more at escape than i did before!!when the ra's played it at the talent show my wife cried!and is that cian keogh you're talking about?he's in this month's issue of "kiss" magazine!it's mad!

anyone remember the fire drill on i think the second last day of sesh 1 2001? it was at like 8 or something in the morning, people were coming out in their pyjamas or wrapped in towels or with shampoo still in their hair.............twas funny........

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Session one 2002

Time of Your Life

*bursts into tears*

nosmo:
    And at session 1,2002, the first disco - NO ONE SANG THE PROPER AMERICAN PIE LYRICS..twas so awful.

i fcukin did.
    all of the people in the inner circle of dancing did. always. and we all looked down for 'while the king was looking down' and we all kicked off our shoes. twas great

does anyone from session one last year remember some saturday when some delightful person but nirvana on repeat for about thirteen hours and it was realllllllllllllly annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I associate all RHCP music with S2 2002. Mostly because we had a RHCP day and played their music whenever we got a chance.

I remember the nirvana repetitiveness!!! Wasnt it the same song aswell?

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    I associate all RHCP music with S2 2002. Mostly because we had a RHCP day and played their music whenever we got a chance.

aaaah!how could i have forgotten rhcp?!i liked "by the way" until ctyi,then i heard it faaaaaaaar too much.and one rhcp day?every friggin day that friggin album was blaring in res!and argh,that day we went to santry,and pretty much everyone who went into golden discs came out with a copy of "by the way".so i bought two gomez albums.so now gomez remind me of ctyi too.

'Twas Teen Spirit I recall.

I don't think anyone would be suprised at how much I wanted to assrape that retard...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    'Twas Teen Spirit I recall.
    I was forced to commute, so I wasn't there for that, but I can imagine it. You poor bastards.

On a seperate note, would anyone have a problem with me playing Bohemian Rhapsody as loud as I can ~3am every night during session 1?

*waits for screams of "noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

(Homer Singing:)Simpson-Homer Simpson , he's the greatest guy in his-tor-y. From the town of Springfield, he's about to hit a chestnut tree. D'oh!

I had that stuck in my head for 3 weeks :)

Advertisement