Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostalgic Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    'Twas Teen Spirit I recall.

I don't think anyone would be suprised at how much I wanted to assrape that retard...
    Was actually just all of Nevermind... AFAIK, it was a stereo in "elmo"s room.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yay! I love Bohemian Rhapsody! Play away Comrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

/me sings 'as we grow up we remember all the good times we had together' truely the cheesiest bit of sentimental crap ever writen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by It wasn't me!
    Yay! I love Bohemian Rhapsody! Play away Comrade!
    It's my birthday next week, so I'm going to get my parents to buy me one of those things with a sucker that lets you turn anything solid into a speaker. Basically, I'll turn all of Res into a giant speaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

I'll turn all of Res into a giant speaker
    With only one "of those things with a sucker"

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    It's my birthday next week, so I'm going to get my parents to buy me one of those things with a sucker
    An octupus??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

No, of course not! A flying musical octopus!

Originally posted by nosmo
    An octupus??
    No. It's a speaker. I've given up on that anyway, since I can't find one anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

If I remember they were mentioned in the duty free yokey in flight magazine last august... Although that might have been the united airlines magazine... I dunno... check online? Duh?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Was actually just all of Nevermind... AFAIK, it was a stereo in "elmo"s room.

yup i knew it! that guy annoyed me on several different levels. i think it was a saturday and i remember standing below the window screaming 'damn you bastards damn you all to hell or something similar'
    those were the days

dude, if you play bohemian rhapsody at any level that i can hear i'll go down to your room and castrate your skanky ass.
    back to funky town.

rock on soppy music at session one this year. wooot wooo.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by purplepolkadot
    rock on soppy music at session one this year. wooot wooo.
    Well, I'm bringing all my Dimmu Borgir and Emperor CDs..will that do?
    And, man did elmo annoy me..even having the audacity to call himself such a sacred thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

s1 01- has gotta be smells like teen spirit. nirvana all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I "fixed" the "What is CTYI?" sticky thread (it now has *new* beside it) I cut out all the off topic junk (still available an unstickied version of the unedited thread months back) -- so reply with all your relevant stuff, pls :)

<< Fio >>

Thanks, fio. Desparately needed fixing.

• Those sucker things you speak of can be found here

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=cat&id=gadgets

Originally posted by Henrik Magnificent Self-confidence
    Those sucker things you speak of can be found here

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=cat&id=gadgets
    Thanks. Anyone know where I can buy one in Dublin? My parents are a little nervous about buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Originally posted by :D mags :Danyone remember the fire drill on i think the second last day of sesh 1 2001? it was at like 8 or something in the morning, people were coming out in their pyjamas or wrapped in towels or with shampoo still in their hair.............twas funny........

My room got blamed for that. If the true culprit is around here...I'm still plotting my revenge. And why the hell is that it wasn't me character whining about nevermores. We started the place, and we like Lisa because she always brings that interesting factor to law. Yawn.

Originally posted by strawberry
    And why the hell is that it wasn't me character whining about nevermores.
    Probably has nothing better to do. Like me.

God I'm bored.

And, man did elmo annoy me..even having the audacity to call himself such a sacred thing.

he was more of an oscar. or one of the grumpy ould gits from the muppet show. fuppin tool. i can't even LOOK at my elmo teddy bear now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

so sweet grace...i needed that moral support after the abuse from the young 'uns..really I did!

• Advertisement

but who is Revelate?

Originally posted by purplepolkadot
    i can't even LOOK at my elmo teddy bear now.
    Elmo knows where you liiive :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

gee whillickers, there are really a zillion songs that remind me of ctyi, and people from ctyi. i associate alot of memories with songs. and smells, oddly... but yeah. smells like teen spirit, uptown girl, piano man ( i dont remember who played it but someone did at the talent show session 1, 2001), YMCA (yes, yes, yes), stuff by strokes, rhcp, "thank you" by Dido, brown eyed girl. Man, everything reminds me, screw it I can't list everything that i hear that reminds me of ctyi. im hopelessly addicted. Anyhow, I didn't say that i would normally have been particularly drawn to some songs, but since they're at CTYI, i remember them and i associate them with ctyi, which is a grand experience. so its all good.

what green day song was done at the talent "and i use the term loosely" show session 1 2002?

was it warning or waiting? i'm almost sure it was a wa...

I finally got my Soundbug (sucker thingy) today. 48 hours delivery my ass. Anyway, it kicks ass. The bass isn't good, but if you put it on a window you can hear the music on both sides. Perfect for making everyone listen to my personal taste in music.

You get official title of "asshole"

I'm already called that. By a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I've had him saved on my mobile as Asshole for ages now.

Yeah... but still... thanks for It Wasn't Me's address again Barry. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

I just seen this part of boards now. Cool. I was at CTYI in S1 1997. American Pie and Radioheads Creep are my main musical memories from then. Also, that was the first time I listened to the full OK Computer album and Bittersweet Symphony was released during that time.
    Revolution 9 and Bungalow Bill by The Beatles are other memories of that time for me. Thanks to a mates copy of The White Album

Advertisement