Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostalgic Music

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Lilred

Anyone here go in 2001? If so I'd love ta hear from ya!
    Luv,
    me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Originally posted by nosmo
    Was actually just all of Nevermind... AFAIK, it was a stereo in "elmo"s room.

Twas right. Trust on my knowledge on for I know this because....

Elmo's my roommate

But it's not so bad, I'm never really in my room. I just wish he'd use headphones instead of pointing speakers out the window to show how rockin' he is to the italians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

I want elmo and his little ****ing rock groupies of this session to die a slow painful death, little ****s.

But i've had fun experiences this year either way, just not as good as last year.... what i need is more jolt and my first original idea, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

To put a slightly different slant on the topic.... I was at CTYI in 1993 and 1994 (I know, I know, I'm an old git compared to most of you :D ), and for me two songs that always remind me of being there are "Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors from '93, and "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders. And of course, American Pie.

Weird but true story about American Pie actually - the morning I sat the exam to get in, I heard American Pie on the radio in the car on the way in. At the time, I didn't think much of it beyond thinking how cool the song was. When I got to CTYI later that year and heard it there lots, I had to wonder was it just chance that I heard it that morning.......

I still have fond memories of the time I spent there, and have often wished I could go back (damn them for not taking me as an RA in 2000!!). Treasure the time you spend in CTYI and the friends you meet there - it'll be past all too quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Chimaera, gotta say I agree with what you said. Oh and yay! Two Princes! It wasn't a CTYI song when I was there but it's one of my favourites so any chance to pimp it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

Chimaera what course did you do in '94?? i was there that year

I know you were there Ciara - I did Biotechnology that year

If you don't know who I am, check page 14 of the 'who's who' thread...... :ninja:

Hmmm, looks like I kinda killed the thread there :D

Anyway, to get things back on track, here's a few more that came to me during the week:
    1993 - "What's Up" by the 4 Non Blondes
    1994 - "Swamp Thing" by The Grid, "Inside" by Stiltskin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

to the point of this thread, ever since the last disco in sess1 2003 (which happens to be yesterday), every time i listen to carcass i think of the disco, and then the other cool things played there. its like some sort of explosive chain reaction thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Hmmm, I think that the Time Warp will forever remind me of CTYI. And Sweet Transvestite, and Street Spirit. Of course American Pie, only due to my commuter-ness, I only heard it at the last disco, because I left before the end during the other two. And the CTYI song, and YMCA just because the CTYI song was put to the tune of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

my songs would have to be

anything off the nina hynes album 'staros' (it was the only cd i had with me, mainly cuz i bought it in santry during the session, then stole sparky's discman.). I have memories of walking to the canteen the morning we went to the zoo, listening to last song of the 20th century and being antisocial..

i only did the whole american pie thing once because at the first disco i was feeling ill and the second i was off being antisocial again, as far as i can rememeber. oh yeah, i was dressed up as a dublin4 girl...

Behemoth, you know what I'm talking about :p

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

sometimes and baby one more time. cos of rory. also that deus song, cos of rory.
    knockin' on heaven's door. cos twas always in me head.
    the song i made up that roughly goes 'i really ****in hate ya, you're gettin on me tits, really ****in hate ya, going to rip off your bits...' cos a few people really frickin annoyed me (like the little american ****e at the table quiz, steven you know who i'm talking about), and instead of exploding i'd just be obnoxious and sing that in me head.
    last nite by the strokes cos of de discos.
    eskimo by damien rice, cos me an jane were always singing it, and trying to do the opera bit.
    all along the watchtower, cos of peter and jamie and... the other guy (i don't think the other guy liked me, tried to do my spinny thing on his head, and man, did he not spin)
    i'm glad by j-lo. i heard it yesterday. i danced.
    dirrrty. cos they played it at one of the discos and i danced like a hussy (i was probably in whoremode after all, garog, >: )

Originally posted by purplepolkadot
    (i was probably in whoremode after all, garog, >: )

*Whoopah! Access Denied!*

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist, I love that phrase, thank you Happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

Originally posted by purplepolkadot
    a few people really frickin annoyed me (like the little american ****e at the table quiz, steven you know who i'm talking about),

ah yes, that fecking little elephant penis who was stuck at our table, bastard.

ans as for behemoth, "URGH!" *swings up arm with devil horns on hand*
    ah, that made us laugh for 3 whole weeks.
    <sigh>, memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Vitamin C - Friends Forever
    Don McClean - American Pie (DUH)
    Greenday - Time of Your life
    Wierd Al Yankovich - The Saga Begins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

Don McLean - American Pie (obviously), Christy Moore - Ride On (thanks to Nigel), 50cent - In Da Club (cuz of Paddy and AJ's...um....interesting...performance....), anything by Alanis Morrisette (my room mate liked her...a lot...), Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss a Thing, Radiohead - Street Spirit (I should probably now point out that I just got up off my living room floor where I lay for the past approx. 4 minutes 12 seconds with my hands waving in the air...needless to say I am the only one in the house...please don't judge :D ), Greenday - Time of Your Life (cuz I sung it at the talent - sorry, variety show yeah baby :P ) also, Big Spender.

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

Originally posted by s0l
    *Whoopah! Access Denied!*
    I'm sorry, I couldn't resist, I love that phrase, thank you Happy.

No problem.

Queen-Bohemian Rhapsbody
    That Behemoth song
    American pie
    Bad guitar in the middle of the res
    Anything from Apetite for Destruction

That's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I guess I'd have to go with Bohemian Rapsody too, but I also must mention Baby Got Back by Sir mix-a-lot. And anything by the Village People really.

Advertisement