Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Blanchardstown ..... what a **** hole.

• 19-02-2003 4:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just sitting here in college working on one of my many assignments. I was txt'ing my girlfriend who is currently in DCU. Everyday she goes on about going to see some act during rag week or just simply going to the pub. I then realised just how poxy this bloody college is. There is absolutely nothing to do.

I come to college, go to work, go home. I don't do any social college interaction because there is simply nothing to interact with. We have no pub on campus because we are an IT, the closest pub is Corduff, which is a nice place to get stabbed, even this pub ain't close. Any semi decent stuff is in blanchardstown which is a good 30 - 40 minute walk (Could be a bit shorter).

Even if I wanted to goto the pub I wouldn't be able to drink because I'm driving. I have to drive because where I live I can't get a ****ing bus without driving to the bus stop.

What a crappy college social life I have. I have good college mates, I just don't get to socially interact with them as often as I would like. I have to make up for it with my own social life.

I'll head a long to the DCU rag ball on thursday just to see what a mockery it makes of this god-forsaken college.

Slaanesh.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I know the feeling, I was there the first year it opened, what a **** hole! I don't know why the hell they put it where it is, would have been better nearer the centre, absolutely NOTHING to do, no student bar, the canteen was absolutely disgusting and over priced, and the general feeling of the place was more like school than my secondary school had ever felt!

Larry (head of computer and engineering faculty) even rang my parents because I didn't come in one day. I mean...honest to god.

At least the courses were very good, if i'd been more into engineering i'd have stuck it out for the cert. I'd say at least half our year dropped out before the end of first year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

DUMP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I live close enough to it (clonsilla) but I chose not to go after going to the open day... hmm it looks like a nice enough building from the outside
    And ppl complaining about bars.. what about buddibar, west ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Theres a bar just down the road Slaan, jesus. But yes, I was there before it got all done up, what a dump. And Larry called me in to his "office" a few times for attendance. ITS NOT FU*KING SCHOOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I'm glad i didn't go there now,
    i'm in DCU and i'm bloody lucky to have so much social stuff to do, if there a student Union rep you can see about making changes?

the students of the college have got to do something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Hey - some familiar names in here :-) True the canteen is an overpriced kip and theres not much to do but in fairness it is only a few years old......

And as for Manager Frenchie!!! ignorant twat!

Advertisement