Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Channel Health

• 19-02-2003 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

It appears to have gone un-noticed in here that Channel Health on NTL:dig is no more. As reported in other forums the channel went bust. It's totally gone from the EPG.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Six months on, and still no sign of the six new music channels in Galway. And eighteen months on, and still no sign of Carlton Cinema or Front Row. And three years after the intitial announcement, and there is still no interactive service. So as far as NTL are concerned, what harm is dropping another ****ty channel and not bother replacing it. Sure, who’ll notice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Same here in Waterford, NTL are a bunch of low rent tossers! Maybe its time to get in touch with comreg.

Mike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yes, the channels gone bust. From what I saw of it, a lot of teleshopping (that can never be good, unless your name is QVC...) .

Carlton Cinema will never be on Waterford/Galway now - the channel is to head to that Big Television in the Sky once its current movie rights expire, sometime later this year.

With the demise of the Studio, that leaves three free positions on DCab. Anyone got any picks. Mine I'd be:

1) UK Gold: good programmes, gen entertainment.
    2) Trouble: teen sitcoms, a younger version of Paramount.
    3) 3Sat: because we need to hear what's going on in our fellow EU countries, we've got TV5 for France/Belguim (Waloonia) /Switzerland (French canton), 3Sat is the equivilant for Germany/Austria/Switzerland (German canton).

Any other nominations? One more channel and they could add Front Row to Waterford/Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Yes I'd love to see UK Gold on it. In fact I'd love to see any of the UKTV channels on board. I was in touch with them today in relation to another matter so I asked them about the situation. They are planning on launching new channels, and talks are underway about getting the UKTV ones on it. They apparently are the most requested channels.

Aside from that, I'd really love to have challenge.

But it's the usual....new channels soon....no time frame nor lineup :(

Advertisement