Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Mod News

Options
  • 19-02-2003 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Lots of news on BF mods so i thought i ought to tell you.
    ParallelWorld a new BF mod has been released and is said to be "the best Jet and Helicopter Mod!"
    Additional features:
    Hand Weapons
    - Stinger Anti-air Missile (Scout)
    - Anti-personnel Landmine (Medic, Scout)
    Helicopters
    - AH-1F "Huey Cobra"
    - Fl282 "KOLIBRI"
    Airplanes
    - F-35B (Back to activate STOVL)
    - Su-37 (Back to activate TVC)
    - B17VTOL
    Anti-air Vehicles
    - FlakPanzerIV
    - M3A1-AARocket
    Anti-ground Vehicles
    - Hanomag-AGRocket
    - M3A1-AGRocket
    Ships
    - Fletcher-H (Heliport)
    - Hatsuzuki-H (Heliport)
    - Fletcher-A (Torpedo)
    - Hatsuzuki-A (Torpedo)
    Submarines
    - Gato-M (Mine)
    - Sub7C-M (Mine)
    Anti-air Static Weapons
    - AARocketLauncher
    - Flakvierling38
    Anti-ground Static Weapons
    - AGRocketLauncher
    Buildings
    - Heliport

You can download it from here

Desert Combat have released screen shots of there first map, 'Rivertown' and also some new shots of planes.
    thumb_1.jpgac130-1thumb.jpg

More screenshots of the progress of DC can be found at http://www.dcnation.de/, though the site is in German we can all see the pictures :)

Also, a new(ish) mod, Black Hawk Down have released some screenshots of their M16a2 and M16a2 with the M203 (the one with the grenade launcher)
    finals.jpg
    The mod has already being compared to Desert Combat, even though one covers the Gult and the other the conflict in Somalia and baised around the film. They should probably join up with the Conflict in Smalia crew or osmething cos there will be two mods about the same conflict otherwise. Not much has been heard from the Conflict in Somalia tam since there, well crap alpha version was released.

Star Wars Battlefield also released some shots of their Imperial AT-AT Walker. Though they are in need of a coder: "We need an experienced coder to work on effects for the mod aswell as some advanced .con editing." so if your interested contact Wrafe.
    Atat02tile.jpg

Thats all for now. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Downloading now, keep up this BF mod news people :)

Hmm, when i try to 'activate' PW in the custom game thing, it kicks me to desktop, so cant play it, anyone got any dieas how to fix this? it happens when I try to 'activate' anything, even BF1942 itself! :eek:
    Need help here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It keeps asking me for a CD if i try and activate it ,i think its a 1.3 Bug its been noted to the author :D

I want that helicopter.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Had the same probs with the PW mod, even when running from command line

Using 1.3 patch

However Ive been playing a bit of CE,

Heres the screenies so far,

Didnt notice any drop in FPS while using the flame thrower tho

Using Athlon 1800(fsb 166)
    GeForce 4 ti 4200
    256 333mhz

more..

• Advertisement

gah wish i had access to my webby from here

damn firewall

Maybe this lad shud change his name to "fuched"

CE is a bit mad ,that jeep thing the noise it makes it hilarious as its doing 200MPH ...LOL

Btw
    I played BF the other night with Winters ,was good fun shame when he drove by the enemy Aircraft carrier in the higgins with me in the passo he didnt understand "get me close to the ship ,me gots exp packs " ...LOL

But it was good fun playing with him ,wonder how many from here could play at the same time might harass Hellfire into getting it on IGN :D

kdjac

Well i know one or two folks who`d be on for it, but its getting ppl in at the same time.

Also wots it like admining a BF server remotley, as in switching to diff mods and stuff

There are a few server tools out but the basic command list is fairly good.

Its similiar to MOH in terms of a config file and admin user/s just a hell of a lot better than Rcon.

Me looks for link i seen somewere to server setup guide

Anyone got their own personal OC98 internet connection ???

kdjac

• Advertisement

I suppose an IRC channel would help, if an irish server was to go ahead.

I`ve seen Winters on IRC a fair bit

From reading the forums and seeing "insert boards username here has joined EA RTR server" flashing up on IRC everynight seems to be a lot of peeps in #boards.ie who play BF.

I really want an irish flag in ASE and even better if it was a server with an irish flag i could join :D

kdjac

would love to see an irish flah for any game on ASE,

If i had a stable connection to call my own id play as much as i can.

hmmm maybe someone can get a channel going, #bf1942.ie anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Anyone on IRC later we can attack a server thats half empty.

???

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by KdjaC
    CE is a bit mad ,that jeep thing the noise it makes it hilarious as its doing 200MPH ...LOL

Btw
    I played BF the other night with Winters ,was good fun shame when he drove by the enemy Aircraft carrier in the higgins with me in the passo he didnt understand "get me close to the ship ,me gots exp packs "

I never knew it was the enemy Aircraft carrier, thought it was ours. :confused: ..... didnt think though the explosive packs would make much of a differance. Ill remember for next time :)
    Though you should ave told me your plan ;) . Ah good 56k pawnage Battlefield :D

I notice too bf42.com updated there site today with the same news i have above. They must have got it from here :)
    Also there is an easter egg in Road To Rome:
    As I was informed by LStrike, the BF1942 developers at DICE have added a nice easteregg to Road to Rome. You can find the easteregg on the map Salermo in the German base. There is an oil(?)tank and if you stand next to it, you can hear a man sitting inside of the tank who is saying a sentence in Swedish Note: DICE is from Sweden. Translated it is something like "Hello - What the hell, I want to get out of here, the air in here is running short - Hellooo"

Also there is ANOTHER mod. The Cold War Rivals Mod. Never heard of it until today, must be new. They released a few screenshots one of the B-29:
    b29_01_thumb.jpg

Eve of Destruction also released some screens of their MiG-17 work:
    This deadly Russian fighter earned the respect of U.S. pilots in the war-torn skies over Vietnam. Flown by North Vietnamese pilots, the MiG-17 boasted excellent maneuverability and a heavy cannon armament (1 37mm and 2 23mm cannons). The North Vietnamese Air Force's leading ace and MiG-17 pilot, Col. Toon, was credited with destroying 13 American aircraft before being shot down in 1972 by a U.S. Navy F-4J Phantom II. American flight crews repeatedly stated they feared the North Vietnam's elderly MiG-17s more than the newer, faster and missile armed MiG-21 Fishbeds.
    mig17_02_thumb.jpg
    And also some shots of the SVD Dragunov and Japanese Nambu Pistol which can be seen on the website.

Anymore news and ill keep you posted as quick as possible. Well not really. You can always catch me in IRC btw, im always in there if im online. #bf1942 in Quakenet aswell if your looking for BFinfo on IRC. :)

http://www.modtheater.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=48705#post48705

thx to Storm for translating.

Btw mental note 12 Exp and ship go titanic but you need to get ammo from the boat and need back up as players will notice you and the crappy rifle isnt very good in close combat against a BAR or STG.

kdjac

Once again i am here to bring you even more news! :eek:

Flying Fortress Mod V.0.6 released, no website but it boasts the following features,

Allied
    3 "Spawnable" B17
    1 Spitfire
    All the other vehicles exept the Willys and the APCs were removed
    Anti-Aerians
    and more..

Axis
    6 ME 109
    3 JU 87 "Stuka"
    All other vehicles exept the Kubelwagens and the APCs were removed
    and more..

Also, a Omaha Beach map has been released. It baised around the Omaha beach from 'The Longest Day'. Its not an official map but it looks good.
    thumb_1.jpgomaha2_small.jpg

You can download it from the BFNation Clan here or edgefiles.com. Its around 10Mb

Also released was a very small (2Mb) 'Mini Mod' called Messerschmitt 262. 10833_1t.jpg

cool

havent tried again to get parallel worlds working ,been busy playing :D

kdjac

A new map by Derek "Devius" Mongovius has been released: Caranten

cara1_t.jpgcara2_t.jpg

The map is baised around the Carentan from "Band Of Brothers" :) and features many rooms and sniper places.

• Advertisement

lol mercury, pity us folk who have to use a keyboard for the controls of a chopper tho, so damn hard :)

But the sheer firepower of them things more than make up for it, if you get to launch a half aimed salvo of all your weapons you can wipe out a town!!

Kdjacs Amazing Feats of the Impossible #26

Take down Bomber with one shot from tank.
    Map Anzio: On left hand side of the map coming from middle spawn a Wespel blindsided me, i turned to fire and it hit me again as i fired i watched my shot sail into the sky and obliterate a passing plane.

As expected server chat went like this

pilot " WTF"
    me and anyone who saw it "LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL"
    Pilot"cheat aimbot haxor bástard"
    me and everyone who saw it "LOLOLOLOLOLLOLO"

I love that game :)

kdjac

Speaking about shooting guys out of planes with rocket weapons, a guy who goes to a big LAN we hold every month is a master with the rocket launcher (rather poo with normal guns mind) and he can shoot down an over head plane with about 30% hit ratio!!! he will also head you square in the face damn near every time unless you are good at dodging, hes a master with that anti tank guy.

Advertisement