Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ActiveMail 7650

• 20-02-2003 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Just installed the program and following the installation it asked me to reboot my fone - no biggie... until the fone tried rebooting. All that's happening now is the display of the plain blue nokia logo and then the screen fades out to nothing! Argh! Talk about BSODs!!! Anyone out there know how to do a hard reset of a 7650 or must I go to a service centre? (where is the nearest service centre to Trinity College?)

Dizz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

if you were running Nokia 7650 software V3.12 - then i'm afraid it's certainly bad news and the phone needs to be sent away - it would have been caused by having too little free memory on the phone, causing it to basically die

i'm on V3.12 and do find sometimes when switching on the phone it goes into a restart cycle - switch on - nokia logo appears - fades - turns itself back on - nokia logo appears - fades - turns itself back on... it does it about 3 or 4 times and then asks me for the PIN and works grand

if it was a higher version then maybe they can sort it quicker, but to get 'into' the phone they need special 7650 opening tools etc. last time i asked around in town nowhere did that in store

the only end user reset i've seen is the restore factory settings reset, but that can only be done when the phone is on (in order to enter the command code). unfortunately there is no hardware reset switch like on palms / pocket pcs

closest centre to you is the Nokia Store on Dawson St, but you'd get better service from the Telephone Centre further up the road (towards The Green)

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

The firmware revision is actually higher - 4.37 i think. I have heard of similar happenings on earlier firmwares, so I kinda surprised this has happened :( Anyway off to the shops...

Dizz

Cheers BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well the nokia shop will be useless anyway, been in there before with myu 7650, was a case of "software upgrade? whats that?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Just been in the 2 places; the nokia store send me up to the telephone store and they said it's a "level 3" jobbie and that only a place called communicade in Bray's southern business park could fix, so I'm off there tomorrow!

Dizz

Advertisement