Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Stuutgart

• 20-02-2003 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

Well, being a celtic fan myself all my life this is a big thing to me, its the first time celtic have been in europe after christmas for 23 years! (and since im only 20 i have never seen them achieve this feat before)

Personally i held high hopes for celtic to go through until larsson broke his jaw and learned he was out for both the europe matches + both rangers matches...

Now though i think that there is still a chance that celtic can march on if we put in the effort we did against blackburn, saying that i know henrik larsson has a big inspiration in the team but you never can tell..

prediction -

Celtic 1 - Stuutgart 0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Think I'll go with a 2-1 win for Celtic with Stuttgart pulling one back at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Hugs-E

Celtic always seem to struggle at home in Europe and sometimes to just don't get going. So I'm predicting them to struggle in this games particlulary agaisnt a strong german side.

My prediction 0 - 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭pendulum

I can see Stuttgart getting an away goal...

I also agree that the tic will do better in the away leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

well....

all i can say is FÙCKIN CLASS :D:D:D

Celtic 3 - 1 Stuttgart

what a tense match, loved every minute of it :)

celtic put in the effort that i thought they would lack without larsson, i just hope they do the same in the 2nd leg

would be fantastic to see celtic in the quarter finals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Good performance by the lads. I thought Agathe was class.

Shame yis'll get hammered by the mighty Reds in the quarters ;)

YNWA

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    Good performance by the lads. I thought Agathe was class.

Shame yis'll get hammered by the mighty Reds in the quarters ;)

YNWA

lol :p

i will not tempt fate just yet by saying we will get to the quarters :)

if we do, then i think it will be ace to play liverpool (if they get through) hope it goes just like the blackburn match :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Celtic always seem to struggle at home in Europe
    total and utter pish; when was the las time we struggled at home in Europe, when we beat Juventus in the Champions League... :)

Brilliant peformance by the lads, and fair play to Lambo to speaking the truth and calling them idiots!

Just because they struggle dosen't mean that they don't get results.

If you read my post correctly I say that they don't seem to get going meaing that they're not at their best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Great performance from Liverpool, but I think they outdid themselves. They haven't turned in quality attacking peroformances like that on a consistent basis under O'Neill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Was over at the match on Thursday, excellent game with an excellent atmosphere. Even the Stuttgart away fans were sound, sure they were on the piss with all the celts during the day before the match. Twas a good day and night in Glasgow, even got my ticket signed by Niall Quinn in Dublin airport before I left thursday morning :)

Roll on next thursday, for the away leg... just hope ryanair are not delayed again or ill miss the game

• Advertisement

2nd (away) leg in a couple of days :D

predictions anyone? :)

personally i feel if celtic can manage to get 1 goal!! then we will march on to the last 8 :D

all i can say is g'wan the tic

Prediction -

Stuttgart 1 - 1 Celtic

(sorry for topping but i didnt feel the need to start another thread, as its just the away leg.. )

I reckon it may be 1-1 too. I know we can score a goal over there and considering that they are without three first team players due to suspension and we have Hartson back the chances of him latching onto a ball in the box is quite good. If we can get an early goal it may disillusion them and we may end up scoring two or three, but ya never know...

Suppose I'll have to eat my hat now. I go it totally wrong. Lets just say I had an 'Andy Townsend moment' when I made my prediction.

Far play to them and to score two away goals to the team in 3rd place in the Bundesliga is amazing no matter who you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Celtic didn't make it easy for themselves, but all they care about is getting through, fair play to them, they can look forward to tge Liverpool tie now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 utopio

At the end we won, but Stuttgart is out though :( .
    Congratulation to Celtic!! A really fair team with great fans. The only team I accept a loss. But at least Stuttgart could show with a 3:2 that it is a good team, but too young to beat a team like Celtic Glasgow. But when you think at the aspekt that we allmost went to the 2nd league last year and had to take the UI- Cup, Stuttgart was quite Ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Originally posted by utopio
    At the end we won, but Stuttgart is out though :( .
    Congratulation to Celtic!! A really fair team with great fans. The only team I accept a loss. But at least Stuttgart could show with a 3:2 that it is a good team, but too young to beat a team like Celtic Glasgow. But when you think at the aspekt that we allmost went to the 2nd league last year and had to take the UI- Cup, Stuttgart was quite Ok.

20 lads went from Wicklow town on Wednesday to Germany for the game.
    As of 1am Sunday morning they still havnt been accounted for to the best of my knowledge......
    :D

Originally posted by Jake303
    20 lads went from Wicklow town on Wednesday to Germany for the game.
    As of 1am Sunday morning they still havnt been accounted for to the best of my knowledge......

10 of us went to the game, flew out on Wednesday and came back Friday evening. Everybody that was there was drinking in the main square over there. The shops ran out of beer 10 times over having to keep ordering more in. I saw three people by 3pm who were out cold, unconscious from the drink, one was even taken away to hospital. So I wouldnt be suprised if a lot of people didnt get home till after the weekend as all flights were booked up everywhere and there were no places left on Ryanairs flights to Stanstead or Glasgow on the Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

By the way, at 18 yoyos for a crate of 24 cans of german beer or 8 yoyos for 12 500ml bottles of beer and the fact that they sold beer at the game and even let us bring whatever cans we had with us into the stadium, no wonder everybody was hammered drunk on thursday:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

To the best of my knowledge they all arrived back safe n sound sunday afternoon
    Apparently not even having to touch the "bail fund" they had brought

Advertisement